Super Liner Bros Virtual Trip Report

She was in 4 hotels in 6 nights. That is a whole lot of moving!

4 Likes

Liking @ryan1’s posts is kind of like Igor saying “Blucher!” :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Dreamer, @Wahoohokie and @Julianne_fki, I gotta say that the boys are making this so much more complicated than we did :rofl: We each threw out a few requests (Homecoming :yum:), bounced a few ideas off of each other and we were off! It all turned out fabulously too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I want to know who among the guys will be making the shirts for matching shirt day? :joy:

14 Likes

The guys I know would use a Sharpie on a white t-shirt. :wink:

9 Likes

I already own my Disney shirts. Starring, most importantly, my PeopleMover shirt. Which I will be wearing as I ride PM about 10 times in a row.

4 Likes

Us guys can do that, too…if our wives were with us. But they aren’t allowed so we have little choice but to complicate matters.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Just our forum usernames in sharpie on a white tshirt would suffice. Keep it simple.

10 Likes

They really are making it complicated. It’s like they want to plan. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yikes… there’s a lot of posts to this thread already so I’m sorry if this is mostly already “finalized”

Couple of things.

• Kinda hurt that an over-abundance of speed is seen as a negative here, thus excluding me. Gonna just drown my tears in my redbull and 5hour energy mix here. No no, you go play…it’s fine. It’s fine.
  • When is this hypothetical trip to happen? During covid (ASAP) or during normal times (whenever that may be)
  • No matter the time frame, whether or not Epcot is running a festival needs to be mentioned. If F&W or Flower and Gard, there’s not much to do once you get past the food. Festival of the Arts or Holidays is a different story.
  • We also need a somewhat hypothetical on park hours? Are they all operating at normal times (10/11PM) or on covid times? (9 to 5-6 usually)
  • I missed it, but does the whole party need to stay in the same hotel? I would suggest Contemporary or Boardwalk or Beachclub. Simple reason is fast access. Every other hotel requires a heavy use of skyliner (as mentioned, unreliable) or buses (sllllllow). The more you can be walking, the faster you can be. And if this happens in normal time, the trip via Monorail is pretty speedy. Oops, wait, I forgot: Y’all a bunch of boomers who can’t move…m’bad. Well in that case, I guess Boardwalk or Beachclub is best, so you don’t stay up past your bed times. :smirk: Also will help that you can get a nice late start and still make it to Epcot before opening.
  • The 7 days reduced to 1 park per day and only park hop for competition? This …is so wrong. You don’t park hop to get things done faster, you do it to get MORE done. breakfast in MK, Lunch in AK, Dinner in Epcot, Snacks in HS, Ice Cream back in MK and a late run on tomorrow land! Also, and this is actually more important: competition defeats the purpose of going as a group unless you’re all doing the same thing at the same time (Like Midway Mania). Otherwise it’s just 4 solo trips that intersect at times.
  • Leaving Disney while doing this also seems like giving up? What’s the matter, you old fogey’s get too confused if you visit the same thing too many times in 1 week? “Huh Whazzat? Wasn’t I just here yesterday? Darn kids, got me all turned around. Can’ rememba!” TAKE YOUR GERITOL!
16 Likes

For as slow as they’ll be moving, they won’t need to plan either. Truthfully, they’ll probably forget their plan 4 minutes after making it anyway. This is just to make themselves feel like they’re accomplishing something :rofl:

4 Likes

OF COURSE!!! Bring back a mug or five for me :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry it came across this way! For the record, I’m the fast one of the group. I was just worried I couldn’t compete with your eating abilities. You are of course welcome to our imaginary trip if you don’t mind putting up with us slow, small-stomached doofuses.

Hmmm I have a hard time imagining post-COVID anymore, but I guess while we’re in hypothetical land, might as well make it during normal times.

I knew you would suggest Contemporary! I like all three of these … maybe even a split stay between Contempo and BWI.

(Millennial here. Again - I can keep up with whatever pace we set.)

I like the way you think!

I’m glad you said it. LOL

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

How much rope you got? I’ll drag you guys along. Works off some calories AND keeps us moving at a decent speed. Win win.

I only suggest contemporary if monorail to Epcot is running though. If it’s not, it’s a no go. Being able to “connect” 3 parks is vital.

Also, I noticed little mention of disney springs beyond food. In this hypothetical, the void or a replacement would be active. As would be several shows (like cirque de solei) so don’t forget those. …and the food.

6 Likes

Yeah. I had to look up the official definition, but I might make it, barely. And I won some track medals once upon a time. :laughing: Not yelling at kids to get off my lawn just yet. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m late to the party here, but did @bebe80 and @ryan1 really suggest a competition with @Randall1028 on who can take the most steps in a day and eat the most Mickey bars? :rofl:

That sounds like a contest that’s stacked in @Randall1028’s favor from the start!

11 Likes

No no, I was removed from the onset. Something about “can’t keep up” :smirk: but yea, my face when I read that:

Only when I threw a tantrum was I allowed back in. You should throw one too. They might allow you to go! :rofl:

But then who would hijack the trip thread…?

5 Likes

You don’t think I could hijack a thread while I’m part of the trip? C’mon! Give me a little credit!

8 Likes

Well I don’t know! I’m being told I move too fast and that everyone can and can’t keep up! I don’t know where anyone stands now! For all I know you wouldn’t have time as I’m dragging everyone through galaxy’s edge!

Edit, then again if you’re sliding along the ground, one could, theoretically hijack …a thread they are…a part of? Hey waitasecond…

5 Likes

I am not a millennial. Not a boomer either though.

7 Likes