Summer Predictions

Birthday is July 3. Animal Kingdom that day (c’mon Tusker House!!)

But birthday dinner is on July 4 at Cali Grill at a perfectly timed reservation spot, should there be fireworks.

When I was a child I thought there were fireworks BECAUSE it was my birthday. It was a little like finding out about Santa Claus when I learned it was not, in fact, all about me (or even at all about me). But because of my birthday being celebrated so fabulously, fireworks are a really, really big deal to me.

The only thing that was bigger to me than this would be was getting to see the Boston Pops ON my birthday on the esplanade in Boston. That was a core memory kind of day. Rehearsal performance, small fireworks, smaller crowd than on the Fourth.

Anyway, I’m rambling by now.

8 Likes

DD’s is also very near July 4th. We love it.
The last few years we’ve been to a National Convention that week. She’s had 1000+ people singing her Happy Birthday.

2 Likes

My dad’s birthday was on July 4th. Growing up we had a huge BBQ in our backyard and dad would tell all the bad jokes. Everybody gets the day off on my birthday, I get fireworks, etc

I am sure between AK on your birthday and celebrating at CG the next day it will all be magical this year! :partying_face:

3 Likes

What about Santa Claus? Wait…NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2 Likes

My sister’s birthday is July 5. She’s been living in DC (well, Alexandria) a few years, and I desperately want to make it up for her birthday. It’s hard for me to take vacations around holidays, but I’ll make it happen before she moves home.

1 Like

Mine is July 5 too! Fireworks are THE best!

2 Likes

I predict it will be hot.

5 Likes

But what kind of hot?
June hot?
July hot?
August hot?
Late spring or early fall hot?

These are all different kinds of hot, and one must know the specifics in order to be appropriately prepared.

Please advise on your prediction.

1 Like

My Buster Poindexter themed Magic 8 Ball just says…
buster

3 Likes

So… tropical.

Got it.

I’ll get my bathing suit ready and grab my rum punch mug :smiley:

1 Like

@Jeff_AZ did you just Z1 me here?
:laughing:

1 Like

Every time! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

6 Likes

WDW are advertising for fireworks techs and it would appear that they are doing some middle of the night ‘sneaky’ testing! 4th July is a month and a half away - a lot can happen in 6/7 weeks :grinning:

2 Likes

@Peter_Hallam I like your attitude :smile:. Let’s be friends! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I endeavour to be positive.

Due to visit WDW last Sept 21 days park tickets, free dining plan for 3 weeks staying at Beach Club. Lost free dining - 34% of resort cost - lost Beach Club and moved into Yacht Club. End of August US border still closed so had to cancel and move to May this year. Lost 21 date tickets (as in package) - no longer on sale so down to 2 weeks tickets but 20 days in resort! Resort cost up! Airline cost down by 50% as flights in sale. Jan airline sale reserved flights for September, just in case - same cost as May flights but only a small deposit until balance due in Aug. April - airline cancelled flights as US border still not open - managed to get full refund. Moved resort reservation to September and cost reduced so got a refund for the overpayment. We are fully vaccinated (DD has 1 shot to go - waiting for call up) - trip to celebrate DD 21st birthday, graduation as a Mental Health Nurse, a wedding anniversary and we can now add success at 1st job interview.

5 Likes

Yep. My older brother has a 7/4 birthday. In our hometown, there would be a big parade in the afternoon (kids sitting on the curbs with all the candy being thrown!), a multi-day carnival on the lakefront, and a big fireworks show. “All for him” :laughing:

No need to throw a separate party. :joy:

4 Likes

My birthday is the day before Halloween. I loved having Halloween festivities as part of my celebration! My family wasn’t big on birthdays growing up but mine always felt like a party.

4 Likes

My husband’s birthday is Halloween. He has so much trauma associated with it, and I have a hard time totally understanding it because I love Halloween. At the same time, my birthday is October 26, and I was a girly-girl in the early-70’s, and I wanted birthday cakes in the white and pink ballerina ouevre d’art, while what I often got was white cake with black spiderwebs and orange spiders. Eek. (At least modern Halloween has incorporated purple and green, offering some colorful relief to the stark black-and-orange motif of my childhood.)

Anyway, now that our children are grown, we spend October 31st away from our house so our lights are off and our shades are drawn, our driveway empty, and we don’t get to – I mean, have to give candy to children. My husband refers to it as, “I spent all my birthdays giving bribes to masked extortionists.”

Everything is relative.

2 Likes

It sounds like he was made to celebrate everyone else on Halloween. I could see my parents doing that. Now I appreciate my birthday that just falls near Easter some years.

1 Like