Strategy for booking Fast Passes?

I expect they are asking about the tiers? At HS and EP you can pick 1 tier 1 FP and 2 tier 2. At MK and AK you can pick any 3.

Hi
Related to fast pass bookings, what time can you make FPs at 60 days out? Is it midnight est?
Just trying to work out how to do mine around work with the time difference here in the UK.
Thanks for all the otehr great advice :smile:
B

Midnight-ish, Eastern time. Sometimes it opens up a little bit later.

Thanks

Hi all
apologies if these questions have been alredy been answered elsewhere and I missed it. Being my first trip and all there is such a lot to read through! Good think I like to plan and research!

So I can’t select the exact times I want for each fast pass? Instead I have to choose the best option the site offers me for the 3 attractions I have chosen?
But I will later be able to change these times to better suit my needs? People have recommended choosing times far apart I belive to allow for changing them later without causing overlap, but I may have misunderstood this.

My question is can you usually change to the times you want? Should I change to the times I want immediately or move on to getting the FPs I want for other days?
I am travelling in June and we are there 2 weeks (with a lot of park days) so am trying to decide the best strategy for what to book first etc.
We are planning 2 days in MK, one in AK, one in HS and 2 in EPCOT.

Apologies that was more of a general cry for help than a question haha. Any advice on whcih parks to get FPs for first and when to try and change the times etc much appreciated.
Thankyou :smile:

I start with the days that have the most difficult FPP to get ie TSMM, A&E, etc, I pick the “best” choice and then immediately change to as close to my preference as possible and then go to the next hardest to get and so on and so on. Seems like you have things under control. At 60 days midnight (or after MK closes) you should do fine for getting your choices

Check out @Mr_Itty’s Blog post MagicBands and FastPass+ information share | My Orlando Obsession - he goes over the whole process and shows how you change the initial times that are assigned to you.

1 Like

You should get what you want you just won’t start with them. You will have to change that is all. If you have tickets linked to MDE, I would try a few practice ones that are within the next 30 days. You can then cancel those but it may ease your mind on the process

Thanks everyone for you help :smile:
I don’t seem to be able to do a practice run even though my tickets are linked to my account. On the main screen it shows the padlock and says I can start on 20th April. If I go to a day and try and book fast passes it won’t allow me to select myself as it says I don’t have a valid ticket. I would guess my tickets arn’t active as they are all booked as part of the package. I’m sure I will manage on the day though with all the helpful instructions.
Two more question though, can I book 3 fast passes for each and every day of my break (I have a 14 day ticket and break is 14 days)?
Also is there any penalty for not making fast pass slots?
Thanks again
B

Correct - if your tickets are booked as part of a package then you cannot do the “practice runs” as the system knows when your trip actually starts. If you book a RO reservation and buy the tickets separately you can do “practice runs”, as the tickets aren’t directly associated with your stay and you could therefore be using them for any other time.

You can make three fast pass reservations per park ticket day in advance (one park per day)- you can skip days if you like and there is no penalty for that. If you miss a FPP time, there is no penalty (as there is with ADRs). Hope I understood your question correctly. Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks @brklinck and @zarina101 :smile: that answers my questions .
I just wondered for days where I am not sure what we will be doing (I promised my boyfriend I would not schedule everything haha) if I have anything to lose in booking fast passes in case. Obviously I don’t so I can get them then just cancel when plans are clearer so someone else can use them.
This is a trip of a lifetime for us as coming from the UK so we may well want extra goes on rides!
B

You’ll be fine. Honest! I was concerned about the Fast Pass process, too. But, if you scroll up these posts, you’ll see all the advice you’ll need (also watch the video link from @brklinck) . I was unable to practice Fast Pass bookings either, because I booked a package. But, when my 60 days came up, I was able to easily navigate the system and managed to get all the Fast Passes we wanted for all our days at WDW. Since then, I have made a couple of changes as I’ve fine-tuned our TPs, and have had not troubles getting what I wanted. Now, that might be a different story if I had tried to switch Fast Passses too close to my travel dates - I was still over 30 days out when I made the switches.

We are not going to the parks on 1 day of our stay. Initially, I skipped this day and made no Fast Pass reservations. A couple of weeks later I decided to book Fast Passes for this day ‘just in case’ and I was still able to get what we wanted.

Also, one day, we only wanted 2 Fast Passes because we were going only in the evening for a short time. If you’re planning this, be aware that the system ‘makes’ you get 3 Fast Passes. If you don’t choose one, it will assign you one.

Good luck & have a great vacation!

1 Like