Strategy for booking Fast Passes?

I believe that the Optimizer puts the “This would be a good candidate for FastPass+” on all waits above a certain duration. What you are looking for are the three attractions with the longest waits, as they will probably benefit the most from a FPP reservation.

Thanks for this information. I may need to change some of the FPPs I have set up in TP too because I recall the system recommended getting FPPs during mEMH.

It’s too bad that they don’t allow them for mEMH. I don’t know about WDW, but at DL a couple of years ago my wife and I waited in the line for the new Cars ride for about an hour during mEMH.

The Cars ride at DCA is its own separate animal - I believe that there are lines for it when no one is in the park! :wink:

Maybe they do allow them for mENH now, but I think that if you look at the wait times for the “recommended” FPP attractions, you will find that the waits during mEMH are nowhere near the top 3.

You are so right: Cars is its own separate animal! It’s a great ride but nearly impossible to go on because of the loooong lines (& those include the lines just to get the Fast Pass!).

But, March at Disneyland has long lines for pretty much all of the rides. You really have to plan your time and use your Fast Passes there. We’ve been there twice in March and it’s incredibly busy compared to how peaceful it can be there in the off-season. When Principal Tinker suggested that lines for most rides (other than the headliners) are quite short at WDW, I just can’t imagine that for March… I can wish…

So, I looked again at my TPs & I see a recommendation for a FP for Test Track @ Epcot right away at opening (9:00). Maybe we should book it for a different time?
I heard this ride breaks down frequently so I thought riding it 1st thing would catch it before it breaks down.
Your thoughts?
Thanks - yet again :slight_smile:

Are you doing Soarin, and when?

Yes, we’re doing Soarin our 2nd day at Epcot. Early Magic Morning on the 2nd day so our TP suggested Spaceship Earth 1st, then Living with the Land, and then a 9:00 FP for Soarin’

TP for our 1st day recommends Test Track (9:00) FP reservation - even though it opens at 9:00, it’s listed as 28 min. wait by then!
Then, Sum of All Thrills, then FP for Mission Space Green, then FP for Spaceship Earth.

Maybe we should reevaluate so we can do both Soarin & TT on BOTH days… We would have to do one first thing (& line up) and then use a FP for the other. Would you recommend it? TP suggests 27-29 minute waits for both rides at park opening! But maybe it’s worth the wait to do both rides both days? We love our rides :slight_smile:

I am sad any day I cannot do Soarin. I know many of us will immediately go to stand by on one and FP the other. Many people FP Test Track since you will get an anytime FP if it is down.

Yah, I heard it breaks down often. Maybe we should do Soarin 1st on BOTH days and FP Test Track for later on both days?
We have done Soarin several times at DL but we do love it, so we’d be thrilled to do it twice at WDW. But none of the other Epcot rides are at DL so they are all new to us.

We’re hoping to do that for Everest: ride it 1st thing AND get a FP for later in the day. We’re only going to AK one day & we know we’re gonna want to ride it more than once!

My touring plan for AK always includes going to EE at rope drop, riding at least four times, and then using a FP later in the day. It is a great attraction!

That’s a great idea! I didn’t think of riding it over & over! I’ll have to check on TP to see how quickly the lines build on our date in March.

I suppose the gamble is that the lines for other rides (DINOSAUR, etc) will get too long. We only have 1 day at AK (8:00-5:30) so we have a lot to fit in in a short time, with a child, too!

Sometimes it is completely clear after 4:00 as well. You can try to check it before you leave if you want to ride it again! Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips! It’s really helping us. WDW is a whole different travel plan than DW so we’re finding it a little overwhelming!!!

It is so funny when you go to another park and everything looks so familiar, but so strange. I had a chance to spend a couple of hours in DL. It was so strange not knowing where everything was, but it was thrilling too! Enjoy! Fast pass plus is different than fast passes. It can change your touring but there are also benefits and regardless, you will have a great time!

Yes, thanks.
We’re really looking forwards to our trip!

1 Like

Hooray!!! Success!
I thought I would share with you all that we were successful in booking all the Fast Passes we were hoping for. 1 is off by 15 minutes, but we can’t really complain about that :slight_smile: Should be fairly easy to adapt our TP for those 15 minutes.
Many thanks to you all for your advice. It really has been helpful!

4 Likes

Yay! Glad you got what you wanted.

When I’m making my TP it asks me how many FFP Disney has given me in each category. How do I know that??