Storyliving By Disney

Eisner needed Frank Wells to balance him out. He was never the same after Wells passed away.

3 Likes

Yes I totally agree with that. The timing with Euro Disney’s financial troubles was especially unfortunate.

1 Like

Sounds a little like “Margaritaville” to me

1 Like

Yeah but in Margaritaville, the margaritas don’t eat the tourists.

3 Likes

It came up here:

The cost of the hoa per month.

I know mushy emotions are “so American”, but if I could heart this a million times I would. I found that I like grumpy jerks IRL too. Reminds me of my Nono (aptly nicknamed for chasing me around the house yelling “no…NO”), hard as nails on the outside, ooey gooey softie on the inside that made sure I had a Cabbage Patch doll before they even hit the shelves.

4 Likes

Of course it is. Disney probably has no more involvement than it does with the Mickey waffle iron on the shelf at Target.

But without hysterical leaps of logic, peans to What Walt Would’ve Done™, rending of garments, gnashing of teeth, and an overarching higgledy-piggledy, it wouldn’t be a thread in a Disney forum, would it?

2 Likes

Cherry Hill Village? If so, I didn’t know that.

Hahaha - yes, yes I see now :laughing:

1 Like

Yep!

Today, DH got excited for a bit, when a local tv station in Phoenix had a story about a Scottsdale developer being involved with this project. But when I told him the first one goes to CA, and we dug deeper into the story, we realized the AZ company, DMB Development, is just the hired developer. There were a few more details about the project on the developer’s site. DMB Development | Cotino . That might be another website to check for progress on this project.

That company’s name was not thought through, methinks.

2 Likes

Makes me think of Dave Matthews Band, honestly

2 Likes

Dave’s Ultimate Matthews Band.

2 Likes

I mean, the band is fantastic. But if you’re talking about the construction firm, I could get on board with that given what the project is.

1 Like

look if it’s good enough for the GREATEST CRIMININAL MIND OF OUR TIME, then it’s good enough for these guys and Chappy.

2 Likes

To each their own, I guess :laughing:

I imagine Disney doesn’t have to put much money into this, probably the other way around - seems like they are giving their name to a developer to sell the product and get part of the profit