Storing belongings while riding

I’d be worried that some restraints might be pressing down onto your phone awkwardly. But, then again, I generally have my phone in my front pocket, not my cargo pocket, so maybe it wouldn’t matter.

I think people need to not worry about what they look like in various attire in the parks. I mean, seriously…look at the people around you. Everyone is dressed less than their best. It is about being comfortable and having a good time!

Cargo pockets in amusement park? It is a sign you are a true hardcore…a serious park-goer! :slight_smile:

But, having said that, I think finding cargo pockets is harder for women than it is for men. And even in my case, I don’t like wearing the cargo pockets that stick out and are messy looking. I have nice flat cargo pockets that, when you have nothing in them, don’t even really look like anything other than a zipper. on your thigh.

3 Likes

Based on this discussion, is it safe to say that a regular sized back pack would not fit into the free lockers? I am talking about one that a teenager would use for school.

Single-Time Use Lockers at Attractions

Single-time use lockers are available at the attractions listed below. The standard-sized lockers (14 in x 5.5 in x 16.9 in) for small loose articles are free while you ride. Larger lockers (12 in x 13 in x 16.9 in) for oversized items can be rented for $2 during the posted wait time and an additional $3 per 30 minutes, with a $20 per day maximum.

The free lockers are pretty wide and deep, but not very tall. I have seen people empty knapsacks, put the knapsack in the locker and then put their other stuff in the locker.

So with a party of 6, you could put the empty backpack in one free locker and the contents in other free lockers, I suppose?

1 Like

Yes. You just need enough unique bar codes for each locker you need.

1 Like

It’s called a bumbag!! Nobody calls it a waist pack.

2 Likes

I was just trying to avoid the offending “fanny”. But there now, you made me have to say it. :grin:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Old lost but just learned about this and it sounds ridiculous
So a regular backpack would fit if we take stuff out? We would have large water bottles. I couldn’t take my purse either - it’s a messenger bag. I’m wondering if it makes sense to rent a stroller for a day and keep the backpack there. On the fence about strollers in the first place with a 6 and 8 yo.

What are these codes? We would be offsite so how does this work?

I just wrote this up on another thread:

These attractions you cannot take any type of bag/purse, etc:

• Mummy
  • Gringotts
  • MiB
  • Forbidden Journey
  • Hagrids

Fanny packs are allowed though for your belongings (phone, keys, wallet, etc.) You can also use cargo shorts with the pockets that close for these things too.

These attractions have metal detectors so absolutely no bags or items can go with:

• Hulk
  • Velocicoaster
  • Rip Ride Rockit

The small lockers are free for the ride duration at all locations. Note that they are small. Mini-back pack, sling bag, etc. will work. A larger bag may not fit, and you will have to pay for a larger locker.

1 Like

I would not try to get a full size back pack into a free locker. You would really have to crumble it up.

Large water bottles would fit into a small backpack/sling bag.

You just use any barcode to use the lockers. Park Ticket or whatever. Lanyards are handy for this.

We took larger items (water bottle, extra shoes) out of the regular size backpack and used two free lockers - one for backpack, one for its contents. It worked fine.

1 Like

You’re typing on the Universal Orlando boards. Backpacks aren’t allowed on most rides.

1 Like

Sorry to bring this up again as I’m re-reading things - I’m not doing any of those rides so then a bag is premiered elsewhere except water rides. For JRA, I will put stuff in a large locker - they have large ones there, right?

1 Like

No problem!

The water rides do have lockers to rent yes. But honestly, it’s just a couple splashes on JPRA especially if you sit in the inner parts of the boat. I wouldn’t worry about water getting inside your bag. Now the other water rides are different.

So basically if I’m not doing any of the rides on the list I can take a regular backpack and purse on the rides and don’t need to worry?

Correct

1 Like

At the risk of being that person, I would just encourage you to consider if you really need a big bag. I’m a mom and recovered pack mule, but have gotten myself down to a small waist pack/belt bag deal for UOR. I have my ID, health insurance cards, and a couple of credit cards bound together with a hair elastic, chapstick, tissues, small hand sanitizer, small sunscreen, small pain reliever bottle, maybe some powder for my nose, and my phone. I would rather just pay for drinks in disposable cups/get water for drinks than carry around a cup/ bottle. It’s very freeing to not haul around a bunch of stuff. You might need a lot less than you expect.

4 Likes

It’s the water bottles and sunscreen mostly. And my husband Carrie’s the backpack. I don’t want to pay for water as we’re fish and drink constantly.

I used a collapsible cup last trip. Got free ice water from the many Freestyle machines. And just asked for a cup of water at the food places when I was there anyway. I didn’t miss the water bottle.

3 Likes