Steakhouse recommendations

Hello! My husband is very excited at the prospect of a good steak and I am looking to make reservations at either Le Cellier or Yachtsman Steakhouse for our family’s trip to Disney this summer. Does anyone have a recommendation one way or the other? I’ve checked out the menus and they both look amazing so figured I’d see if anyone had any feedback based on personal experience. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I’ve only been to Le Cellier, but I, personally, loved it there. I’ve heard some people complain about it being too salty and the place is too cramped and dark. I loved my steak. My DH didn’t like his food too much, but he always has to get things special made due to his dietary restrictions. Some places are great at it and others not so much.

1 Like

LeCellier was my favorite meal of my last trip and the first reservation on my next one. It is cave like inside and kinda cramped, but I absolutely loved my steak. It does get mixed reviews though. Haven’t been to Yachtsman in forever. It’s a more laid back environment and not as cramped.

1 Like

We are definitely team Le Cellier in my family and paging Mr, Morrow did a review just a few weeks ago and he ranked it the best in Disney.

1 Like

I’ve heard better things about Le Cellier, thought honestly that makes me want to try Yachtsman more. :joy: I have a bit of an odd palate so sometimes I go against the grain.

1 Like

We’ve only been to the Yachtsman but it’s so good we’ve kept going back.

5 Likes

This.

2 Likes

Depends on your price point but Shula’s at Dolphin also has great reviews for their steak.

3 Likes

We went to Le Cellier on our trip two weeks ago and it was amazing. My wife and I both ordered the filet and were blown away. They cooked it perfectly, the meat was tender and juicy, and the mushroom risotto under the filet was delicious as well.

2 Likes

We really like Le Cellier. DS gets the signature poutine as a meal (which I help him with), I love the soup and filet (which DS helps me with) and DH gets steak. Finish it all off with the maple creme brûlée. Soooo tasty……

3 Likes

Done both. Le Cellier was not our favorite. The environment was not excellent. Tables close together, loud, food was good, but nothing exceptional.

Yachtsman… I liked it better, my wife was not overly impressed. For my money, I would go back to Yachtsman. I believe (but don’t remember) that it was somewhat less expensive than Le C, I thought the steak was just as good.

My wife wasn’t overly impressed with either.

Take that for what its worth.

3 Likes

I agree about the atmosphere at Le Cellier, it was just too congested for me. I don’t remember what I ate, so I file it under the ‘forgettable’ category. But if it was bad, I certainly would remember, so if you prefer to stay in the park and the crowded feel doesn’t bother you, go for it.
Have been to both Yachtsman and Shula’s a couple times each, atmosphere and food at both places have always been great and a very easy trip to either hotel from Epcot, worth a few extra minutes IMO. I give the slight edge to Shula’s because I prefer their side dishes.

3 Likes

I just looked at both dinner menus. Pricing is roughly equivalent…

That being said, if I were to go back, I would probably choose Yachtsman. I just liked it better.

Never been to Shula’s at WDW as suggested by @CitrusSwirlGirl , been to one in Ft. Lauderdale… its probably worth checking out.

1 Like

We did Le Cellier on our last trip a few weeks ago and it didn’t seem that cramped. This was my DW’s present for my delayed 40th birthday.

I order a Strip steak and the potato soup. DW got potato soup and the mac and cheese. DD got a strip steak, fingerling potatoes and fruit.

My steak was good and was the same as any other high end steak house, the soup was fantastic with the pretzel bread. DW said would it be bad if we just start coming here each trip for the soup? She also loved the mac and cheese she got.

So I’m all about people trying Le Cellier now.

2 Likes

That your wife is very wise. I agree with her analysis on all points.

Oh, yes. Shula’s. Went there last month. Definitely preferred it to LC or the YC one.

4 Likes

I agree. We have access to many excellent steakhouses in Atlanta. And I have been in excellent ones all over.

Frankly, I think the Disney steak scene is nothing special at all. I would go back to Jiko every time over either Yachtsman or Le C.

2 Likes

I’m actually a big big fan of the steaks at The Boathouse. I’d put those ahead of Le Cellier.

1 Like

I booked steakhouse 71 at the contemporary for our trip in May , the Dis unplugged gave it good reviews, and the menu is a lot cheaper. Might be worth looking into

So glad I’m not the only one who thinks this.