Steakhouse 55 Closes PERMANENTLY

I was on the fence about whether I would go there on my DLR trip or take my wife to one of her “usual” steak places like Morton’s / Ruth’s Chris on S. Harbor. Looks like that decision has been made for me!

1 Like

Oh wow. Debbie @93111tink, what about all the Teas they held there? Ugh.

3 Likes

I am curious- there have been rumors that the Wave would reopen as Steakhouse 71 but that would be silly now- right?

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOO :pensive::pensive::pensive: So flippin bummed :pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive:

2 Likes

I know. So glad we had Naomi’s birthday there all together, but sad to know it’s going away.

3 Likes

Well they have to replace it with something, right? I wonder what it will be …

4 Likes

I’m not terribly disappointed, we only ever at at the bar/lobby area. But I am disappointed that room service is not open yet and that comes from this kitchen.

I’m only guessing, but I’d imagine they go away from Fine Dinning and into something casual that would attract the hotel guests after a long day. (or character meals)

1 Like

This is what I was thinking. Something new and fun to try. The steak house was good but I liked Napa Rose better for an expensive date night.

This is fine because how can they compete with Napa Rose but on the other hand they have goofys kitchen for character meal right? It’s got to be something at least a little more adult.

1 Like

Since I haven’t been I didn’t even realize “Goofy’s Kitchen” was even there. :rofl:

I’m excited to see what happens though…

4 Likes

You should go! Then you can speak with authoriti. (In my Cartman voice)

3 Likes

At this point I’m on track, since my trip is going to be delayed two years, to save up and stay at either DLR or GCH.

I’m torn between the two!

4 Likes

GCH if you can wing it. I like both but GCH is superior.

3 Likes

I second GCH. But you won’t be disappointed with DLH either.

3 Likes

What tips the scale for me to DLH is the charm and history of Walt and Disneyland and the one in-room touch (fireworks headboard that I LOVED coming back to at the end of the night) at DLH. But, for such a trip as this, GCH would be so perfectly themed (and you can see pretty much everything at the DLH that makes it full of the history without being a guest). So I would maybe skew to GCH too, but I get why it’s SO difficult to choose.

2 Likes

FB_IMG_1625173485534
I am soo bummed over this. So many many relaxing trips started out and ended with this tea. Amazingly done :heart: The whole building, Steakhouse 55 , Goofy’s, the convention area both upstairs and down is beautiful.

Upstairs they have all these beautiful prints. Downstairs is tge Disneyland through the years display

9 Likes

@darkmite2 Maybe a split stay? A few nights at each?

1 Like

I’m not a fan of split stays. Too much time lost when I could be having fun.

My dilemma is that my wife will only stay in the park for maybe 3 hours at a time. I like GCH for the location & the early entry to both DLR and DCA that come from staying at GCH.

However, I’ve always dreamed of staying at DLR. The history, theme and such are way I want to go there. I know it’s a 10 - 15 walk through Downtown Disney though…

Oh well… if this is my biggest issue then I’m doing great!!

4 Likes

I am SO sad we never were able to fit in at least one tea! We tried for a couple of trips but we either couldn’t find a reservation or decided on a different splurge.

I do have to imagine they are taking the opportunity to re-brand the space (and possibly this extends to Goofy’s Kitchen as well). We are huge Goofy’s Kitchen fans and that’s not been announced to be re-opened yet either so it makes me wonder.
And while we loved Goofy’s kitchen for the characters we acknowledged that the food wasn’t everyone’s jam (it hadn’t gotten better in more recent years and we’ve always loved the PB&J pizza & made to order omelets), I will be the first to say the physical space of it could definitely use a refresh in its look.

So I am hopeful that they’ll come up with some way to get $$ from us on vacation with whatever they put into the space.

4 Likes