Steakhouse 55 Closes PERMANENTLY

I love them! But I don’t know if they transfer your luggage for you at DLR. I don’t feel like it loses me time when I do a split stay at WDW. In November I’ll be staying onsite for the first time ever at DLR with two nights at the GCH! My friend is trying to convince me to add a third night so we can experience the DLH. It’s so expensive, though. We’re staying at the GCH on DVC points so not nearly as bad as paying cash.

2 Likes

Keep me updated if ya do it!

1 Like

:pensive::pensive: And another favorite place closes!! So sad. Their breakfast buffet was the BOMB PCH Grill at Paradise Pier hotel

8 Likes

Agree. And to check it off my list while saving a few buck (but if they do a sale I’m gonna change to DLH) I’m gonna try out PPH in Oct. and apparently we won’t have a restaurant. I was hoping it’d open by then. Sooo for real come on Disney with a sale that makes DLH what I’m paying for PPH right now

4 Likes

DL restaurants are taking a hit today! Now I am scared for all the places that haven’t announced any reopening, like Carnation Cafe. They better leave it the #$%^ alone!

2 Likes

We love Goofy’s Kitchen even as adults!

2 Likes

The early entry to both parks was for all the DLR hotels not just GCH. I say stay at the DLH if it is your dream.

2 Likes

Right with Carnation Cafe. It’s on my Oct lunch list please and thanks and Walt ate there right?

1 Like

Many of his original recipes are still there!

2 Likes

Oh man, if they touch Carnation Cafe… we just have too many good memories there, can’t Disney appreciate that??? [commencing adult temper tantrum] :sob::sob:

2 Likes

Any rumors why they are closing these restaurants? Seems like a big decision to make in the wake of a pandemic.

I saw a rumor that they might want to expand Goofy’s Kitchen into the space the Steakhouse takes up. The PCH grill was never as popular as the other character meals, maybe if they re-theme it more people will come?
What I would like to see them do is look at some of the newer restaurants that are popular at WDW- like Topolino’s. Classy restaurant that’s perfect for the family with characters at breakfast (and delicious food), and then also a perfect date night place for the adults (with more delicious food). That restaurant is a home run for Disney.

3 Likes

I would be excited about that kind of a meal! The interior of Goofy’s Kitchen definitely needs an upgrade so I am hoping that it gets it & something like Topolino’s would be something I would be super happy about!

2 Likes

I think that steakhouses are something of the past. They are going to want something that provides more options (and people who don’t eat meat want a restaurant to say, but we have salads and a baked potato…). I would be disappointed if it expanded Goofy’s Kitchen. The quality of the experience deteriorated quite a few years ago. It has been a while, but when they made a significant change in how the character rotation went, we stopped going.

Now I am disappointed with the closing for PPH. We like that character experience much better! (Maybe it was because there were fewer people.) We also liked the food better.

1 Like

OH! I read in the unofficial guide that DLH only got early entry to DLR and guest of GCH got access to both parks. That’s good news.

@Julianne_fki -

I talked to my wife about it and she is favoring doing a split stay now. Does Disney help get the bags transported? If not, that’s fine… just curious,

I’m thinking leaving the park after 10am and going back to the hotel to check-out.Then get the bags over to GCH followed by a table service meal somewhere. Then we can do activities near GCH until the room is ready.

She can come out that morning or stay in until it’s time to check-out. Uggh… I still have over 500 days. I can’t even put a deposit down on a trip. (But I think about it every day!!)

2 Likes

@Darkmite All DL hotels got early entry to both parks. The only additional perk guests at GCH got was the ability to use the direct entry into DCA.

1 Like

After even more daydreaming… A split stay is the way to do it! This will be a once-in-a-lifetime trip, so I want to stay at both places anyway now that I have the budget…

(BTW - I’m loving my side hustle working at an Escape Room place. I’d forgotten how much I love working in family entertainment. For a lot of reasons, mostly because they don’t do “birthday parties”, it’s been a super easy job. It’s a shame I couldn’t do it full-time!)

@Ms.BarbsWildRide - Hoping you can help as I’ve never been to DLR. I tried to price out the cost & when trying to book I couldn’t find any way to buy 5 days of tickets if your stay was less than 5 days. Am I missing something?

4 Likes

I would personally (and usually do) buy tickets from a third party (undercover tourist or ARes Travel)

It appears that 5 day park hopper tickets are 386.50 through ARes Travel. Then I would get my rooms ala carte.

3 Likes

Thanks! That’s what’ll do then! (bookmarked!)

3 Likes