Stay calm...you can adjust... you are flexible

So we are 20 days out, my husband says, “hey, my dad and step mom want to join us on Monday and Tuesday and they want to do Epcot.” Neither of those are our Epcot days. Lol I have the knowledge from liners to adjust. I am not switching days, but I will try to accommodate them into our plans. I also have told them they can drive over on Saturday our Epcot day if they want. (It is only 1hour drive).
Did I mention I have been asking my husband if we were going to see his dad this trip for almost a year?

13 Likes

Yikes!!!

I hope that they come on Saturday

4 Likes

Why don’t you go ahead and make an ADR for CRT and get some extra FPP for FoP while you’re at it :rofl::rofl:

Just kidding. Way to roll with the punches and make the adjustments. If only non-Disney people knew what we go through to make our trips so perfect!

8 Likes

That is really frustrating. I hope it works out and you don’t have to change your plans around too much.

3 Likes

Invite them to join you for things you can easily incorporate 2 more into your plans. For everything else they want to do, they are on their own.

1 Like

You just say “Isn’t that nice! However, we are sticking with the plans and ADRs that I made 5 months ago.”

4 Likes

I’d be screaming through the streets at that point. However, you HAVE learned lots of things here on Touring Plans, and you can be flexible… Just breathe.

4 Likes

Holy crap!

How insanely inconsiderate! Tell him he can go meet them, you’ll be sticking to the schedule you’ve been perfecting for months :slight_smile: (I’m…sorta half kidding)

Hope it works out for you!

3 Likes

Wow that would be super frustrating! I would have gone the route of: “Wow, that is great! It will be nice to see them! Hope they like Epcot! Maybe we can meet up with them for a meal and chat about how their visit compared to our’s on Saturday!” :wink:

7 Likes

I wouldn’t be kidding! No way I’d change my plans. Sorry not sorry.

5 Likes

Thank you guys for your support and understanding. And my family I’m the crazy one for planning our day so tightly. Sometimes I feel like you guys are my therapist and life coaches

6 Likes

Your husband is SO SWEET to not only trust you enough to make such last minute accommodations, but he RESPECTS you enough to know the kind of thrill and excitement you get, personally, in MAKING said accommodations.

He’s a keeper!

:smile:

5 Likes

LOL Ryan
People walking by my office stopped because I literally laughed out loud.
I made him help me secure their tickets and room reservations. I think it was an eye opener for him how much work it is.
Because they are FL residents and we are not, it involved like 3 waits on hold for probably a total of 30 minutes. It was funny how annoyed he got. I just put it on speaker, go on with my normal day while I wait and enjoy the Disney music.

2 Likes

I hope it was playing, “Can you feel the love tonight?” :wink:

Sorry about that.

3 Likes

OMG isn’t this the truth!!

@robin_brown_664876 good for you for staying calm! As others have said, I would welcome them to join you but without any change to your schedule that you have worked so hard to put together. If there is any objection, maybe show them what it would do to your ADRs and FPP to make changes now, so that they can see why it isn’t a good idea!

3 Likes

This was a perfect way to handle the situation! Sometimes seeing (hearing?) is believing.

2 Likes

Wow…I would honestly call them and tell them to either join the plan as is with no modification whatsoever or to piss off…

3 Likes

Ok so we booked their hotel room and got their tickets.
I booked their FPP,
EP day
I got them FEA with us. Didn’t really book them anything else, as who knows if they will come and for how long.
I got them added to our Bon Voyage Brunch and our Marrakesh
HS day
They aren’t coming for EMM
Got them added to Mama Rosa Fantasmic package
Couldn’t get them ToT Again maybe RS
Added them to the Frozen sing along
and TSM that night
Got them ST because we were planning on it and maybe with RS the 2 FP can get most of us on it.

AK
Added them to TH ROL brunch
couldn’t get them FOP, but can use RS (picked up a couple NRJ for them that hopefully I can modify to this time, if not oh well)
moved out 9:50 KS to 6:50 so our FP will now be tide up all day, but we have another AK day so it will be ok.
Got them on our KRR

17 Likes

That’s really impressive!

1 Like

My goodness, you are a saint !!! Tell your husband I think he owes you 25 years of whatever you want LOL !!!

7 Likes