Starcruiser set for liftoff - first voyage 3/1/22

I’ve calmed down for the most part. Here are some details that some may be interested in.

The price (~$13,000) I was quoted for the suite was pretty much the same I was then quoted for 2 cabins (using the same number of points both times 146 - 1 adult and 1 child). That didn’t seem right to me. Usually 2 regular rooms are cheaper than a suite. And the prices for the 2 cabins were almost the same (~$150 difference), even though one cabin had 2 adults and 2 children and the other had 2 adults, 1 child, and 1 infant. That’s what led me to start questioning about paying for the infant. The agent was very flustered. I was asking her to break the prices down for me. She couldn’t. She had to put me on hold each time I asked for a change of any kind. She had access to very little information on her own. Oh, also, I was going to be charged a separate $95 point conversion fee for each room, instead of just one like for the suite.

Just thought I would share my experience in case it helps someone else.

4 Likes

Omg what a saga!! I hope you can eventually get something booked. This goes back to Len’s good ole refrain that Disney seems to be surprised that booking opened yesterday!!

3 Likes

Thanks. I am not even sure I want to book anything at this point. I’m going to take a couple of days to mull it over and maybe try again during the Visa early booking window. I’m not dealing with the DVC thing again though.

2 Likes

Thanks to my amazing TA, I am booked for takeoff on March 13! Captain’s table was sold out for this voyage, so we’ll miss that.

That week is the kids’ spring break and we’ve never done vacation during spring break, so we’ll need to figure out what to do for the rest of the week. The husband is saying we should see other parts of Florida, but I do not understand the words he is saying. :smiley:

10 Likes

That was our preferred date! It’s the last couple of nights of our trip. I’ve decided to skip it this trip though. Over the weekend we found out our friends are surprising their kids with a trip 3/12 - 3/19. We’re there until the 15th, so we’re gonna try to fit in a dessert party night and date night with them! We’ll save the StarCruiser for when DS6 turns 10 in 2024.

5 Likes

is the disney visa booking window open today?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I think that is a wise decision. If nothing else your infant will hopefully be old enough to absorb at least some of what’s going on!

2 Likes

Of course, if it be His will, there will be another infant/toddler by then!

2 Likes

Well, I am officially booked for August. :star_struck:

6 Likes

Who all is planning on getting on the phone Thurs morning for the general public bookings?

1 Like

It’s weird but after all the hubbub over it with the other tiered opportunities to book, tomorrow feels like a non-event?

2 Likes

So you’re saying Disney is creating unnecessary hurdles and demand? Eh @ryan1 ?
(Ducks)

1 Like

LOL
But ya know I LOVED Vero Beach and it’s also still Disney…

2 Likes

No?

:thinking:

I’m saying I haven’t heard boo about this thing since the pre-booking windows happened.

Anyone have a list or link for the starcruiser dates? I’m not planning to go in 2022, but I’m trying to block out my trip for 2023 and it would be good to know at least what days the cruises are typically starting / ending (or if it alternates by week).

Sorry. Poorly worded!

Just noting how complicated Disney has made ILL/G+ and the many pre-sales.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

1 Like

They’re at the bottom of the planning page. They only have 2022 listed so far - but it shows the alternating departure days: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/planning/

1 Like

I think you can literally check in every other day!

1 Like

Oh that’s good to hear! We decided to do Universal this time. I have also discovered why we’ve never done anything for spring break - everything is so much more expensive!

Starcruiser update - my TA let me know that Disney called her to add $33 more to my deposit. Not sure what all of that is about as the deposit I put down was already more than 20% of my package total. . . .