Star wars Opening?

Under those circumstances I would be concerned as well. Unfortunately, these days any day can surprise you with unexpected crowds. A few years back we were overwhelmed during a September “low crowds” trip. If I recall correctly the whole month was unusually crowded and it prompted (or maybe hastened) a rejiggering of Touring Plans’ crowd prediction algorithms. Advanced planning and timing will go a long way to improve your visit, but you still have to be prepared for anything. Whenever you decide to visit I hope you and your family have a pleasant time.

2 Likes

You beat me to it. We couldn’t get near Pandora, but everything else was manageable without a plan.

2 Likes

@Dubgirl46

I understand why you are worried and I understand the huge financial impact of the trip. While there is no way we can truly predict the crowds, I think you can rest easy because I am sure you will have a great trip whatever the crowds are like. You are here, you will have great touring plans (I assume) and I find there are so many helpful and knowledgeable people on this forum that will make sure you have a great time if you use them ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There are definitely casual fans, I would class myself as one.

There are lots of rumours that construction is behind and they are aiming for 21st Dec as the last day of autumn. I personally can’t see them opening it in Christmas crowds. I think it will either be early Dec or Jan. But we’re all guessing. I’d be genuinely shocked if it opened in Oct though.

2 Likes

Oh I know!

As has been discussed before, there are some who think they will restrict it to FP holders only. Or even up-charge paying guests only. And so on.

I happen to think they will have some kind of access for others, but how they manage it I don’t know. WWOHP had timed return times I believe…?

2 Likes

We could have a forum sweepstake.:wink:

1 Like

And would help us to remember whether to put the clocks forward or backwards!

1 Like

Yes. But “autumnal” is a much more fun word to say than “fall-like”!

3 Likes

Yep. They did. I went when I got stuck in Orlando when the Northeast Christmas Blizzard hit. You waited in line for a wristband and the wristband had a timed return. I got them for myself, my sister, and our friend and they joined me after work.

Those just got you in the land. You still had to wait on line for the big ride without any sped up thing.

2 Likes

I guess ‘‘fall’’ comes from the leaves falling ? I like ‘‘autumn’’ better myself because it’s closer to our word in french (automne). We have only that 1 word for it in french, no other choice LOL

1 Like

Are you including the kids as casual fans as well? How many did it take to literally bring World Showcase traffic to a halt when Frozen Ever After debuted? I gave up waiting for people to behave rationally a long time ago. Count on crazy and you’ll never be disappointed.

5 Likes

I concur.

Thanks all, I think we will be ok.

And yes I have TP done already and will amend nearer the time. Just. Can’t. Wait !!!

2 Likes

Personally, I’d be amaze if it’s open by Thanksgiving. I’ll be there the 2nd week in Dec and am not 100% confident it will even be open by then. When it does open, the crowds at DHS will be like none ever seen in a theme park (except maybe DL’s SWGE opening a f w months prior.

2 Likes

Great news!! I know none of you are certain but I think you would have a much better idea than us all the way over here on the other side of the Atlantic…

1 Like

At least 3 of us are on your side of the Atlantic :blush:

2 Likes

Okay…Someone has to warn you…Take this news calmly…Disney is just a little bit addictive. I suspect lots of people have taken the ‘once in a lifetime’ trip, only to find that it is a ‘first in a lifetime’ one.

5 Likes

Who? What? Where?:wink:

1 Like

Are you Dubgirl as in Dublin girl or Dubgirl as in Dubstep?

If you travelled the other direction you could argue we’re on the same side.

2 Likes