Star Wars Movie Recommendation for Newbie

To me “pretty cheesy” describes the entire “Clone Wars” enterprise. Some of the artwork is pretty cool, but the animation is terrible and the scripts make the prequel trilogy seem like Nobel Prize material

2 Likes

When we were engaged, my husband decided that we should spend a Friday night together on the couch so he could share his love of all things Star Trek with me, starting with this film. I fell asleep during the sequence. He did admit it probably wasn’t the best way to start & I did eventually get through the sequence and the other films. And since then we’ve watched a good amount of Star Trek series together.

What is the justification for the REST of his bad acting when he WASN’T being whiny?

The rest of Mark Hamill’s acting.

3 Likes

I’m assuming that you are being humorous…?

1 Like

Oh, I like his acting. He’s gone on to have quite a voice acting career, in fact. I enjoyed him playing the role of “Daredevil” in one of the made-for-TV Incredible Hulk movies.

BUT, to be perfectly fair to ALL of the actors in the Star Wars movies…George Lucas just wasn’t a very good script writer. My DS19 and I frequently quote this when we feel the need to mock George Lucas’ writing: “You’re breaking my heart!”

1 Like

This made no sense to me either. But let’s face it - it’s a comic book sci-fi serial brought to the screen, so maybe everything doesn’t need to make sense…

In this case, I definitely recommend A New Hope (the original Star Wars).

5 Likes

I believe this meme is the reference (and joke)…

2 Likes

hehe that wasn’t him. That was Rex Smith. He did play the Trickster though on the Flash.

Nor was he a good director. Fantastic “idea man” though.

You need to get past the first season. Later seasons of CW are absolutely fantastic.

2 Likes

If you want to get truly nit-picky about it, it wasn’t originally called “A New Hope”. First released in theaters without the crawl saying “Episode IV: A New Hope”. It was re-released to theaters a year later with the A New Hope and episode added because they had earned enough to justify making a sequel.

So, the original Star Wars was NOT “A New Hope”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah. Maybe that’s what I’m thinking of. Too many years ago.

How else would you describe what he did?

:joy::joy::joy:

I know. I saw the original in the theater the first week it was released; it was the summer after I graduated from High School. It will always be “Star Wars” to me - but in keeping with the rest of the posts I used the ANH terminology.

1 Like

you caught me! I saw it where Mark Hamill posted it to say that Luke was always the bad guy.

1 Like

DH told me this recently, I didn’t know. He was a couple of months old when it came out so I’m not sure how he knew either.

I figured that was the case, based on prior conversations. But I had to use your comment as a way to “wow the audience” with my amazing grasp of useless Star Wars trivia.

Which was, of course, completely undermined when @Randall1028 pointed out that I was confusing Mark Hamill in The Incredible Hulk with him being in The Flash as a completely different character. (To be fair, Mark Hamill DID play a character in episodes of The Incredible Hulk. Just not Daredevil!)

Yeah I totally agree !!!

But we were going to go into Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!!!