Star Tours vs Millenium Falcon

So ST made my husband very sick. How does MF compare in terms of motion sickness? I know it depends on the driver but give best driver and worst driver scenarios. Which his actually a better ride if you only do one? I’ve heard people say ST is actually better.

2 Likes

MF is not great for motion sickness. My mom is prone and she had to close her eyes for most of the ride. We rode 3 times - and the best driver did make it a lot more tolerable of an experience. It is a full on motion simulator - so if your DH doesn’t do well with that, it might be worth passing on.

I did not ride ST so I can’t comment on that.

1 Like

In my (limited) experience, I had a harder time with ST. Sometimes I was OK, and sometimes I had to close my eyes. On MF, I was fine. Maybe it was having physical things to do that helped?

2 Likes

MF puts you on the Falcon so if you’re a big Star Wars fan, that’s probably worth doing at least once as just being on the Falcon is very cool. But ST is a better ride IMO unfortunately. The interactive mechanisms of the Falcon don’t quite work and flying in tandem where one person gets up and the other left to right is odd at best and I swear there is a delay in the controls as well which makes it even worse to steer as you go up, nothing happens and then you go up some more so now you’re careening too far. And frankly if you’re not flying, you’d probably just like to watch what’s going on, but you’ve got buttons to hit as part of your “job” which prevents you from just enjoying the ride. I get what they were going for, but it just didn’t quite work for me. But you’re on the Millennium Falcon…

3 Likes

This is my excuse and I’m sticking to it :joy:

4 Likes

Star Tours makes me much more sick than Millennium Falcon. I usually regret going on ST and am doing breathing exercises to make it through. :joy: Usually I’m fine on MFSR and might experience some mild to moderate discomfort from nausea, but no risk of throwing up or anything like that. I usually do better as an engineer.

1 Like

Hmm. All interesting feedback. My husband is the big SW fan so he’d been interested in being on the MF. He won’t step foot on ST again but we are thinking my kids might think it’s fun. It’s certainly the easier ride to fit in.

1 Like

Here’s my Barf Bag Rating Scale™:

6 Likes

Neither DH or I have problems on the Falcon. Both of us get very ill on ST and have stopped riding it (although we may try again now that we got the wrist-thumpy thingy that I can’t remember the name of).

3 Likes

I love this!

1 Like

Closing eyes helped though?

I mean - she didn’t puke - but she didn’t ride again :rofl:

To be clear, she thought driving was a good idea. She was right pilot AND PILOTED WITH HER EYES CLOSED. It was a terrible ride - and it made me feel a little wobbly too.

I am prone to motion sickness - and so are my kids - like one got carsick this weekend. The three of us were fine on the Falcon. I was always a “gunner” but if I felt off at any point, it helped to just also look at the screen straight ahead and skip my button pushing.

2 Likes

SeaBands? My kids use those sometimes!

1 Like

Have you done Rise with him before?

1 Like

My daughter gets car sick very easily.

We didn’t pack a change of clothes for our 2 hour drive :woman_facepalming: soooo guess who got new clothes from Target lol

We haven’t. He wants to do that and that one should be fine. Maybe that will be enough.

2 Likes

Rise is incredible! Honestly, there is one part that has the motion simulator and screens similar to MFSR (@Jeff_AZ - do you think that’s an adequate description?). It is short lived and I thought it was totally manageable.

1 Like

MF does get to me a little but but I can and do ride. I think having something to do makes a difference, and for me gunner is the least nauseating seat in that ol’ piece of junk

I cannot and will not ride ST anymore

3 Likes

If you choose to not risk the Falcon, at least go through the queue. When you get to the last room you can tell the CM that he’s not riding. The queue gives SUCH incredible views of the Falcon. And I agree - gunner is a good option because you can look away from the screen and still have fun with it.

3 Likes