Star Tours vs Millenium Falcon

We have the very same barf chart (except I’ve not ridden FJ and have only done MS Green)

1 Like

That’s good advice! I was wondering if they let you do the chicken exit. It’s nice to at least see the Falcon seat/table before you board!

1 Like

You are both reinforcing my wise decision to skip Star Tours on my trip. lol

3 Likes

That’s the worst seat to me.

2 Likes

It was her dream to drive the Falcon. I asked her if she watched YouTube videos ahead of time because I was nervous about it for her. She said yes. She lied. :joy:

1 Like

I don’t want to wait in an hour like though. I wish there was a walk through option.

1 Like

fixed

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m still a SW newb

2 Likes

I never waited in the regular queue. We used Genie for it. I don’t know how much I missed…but you can take your time waking through the LL queue too. I’m sure others can weigh in on the LL queue vs regular queue.

1 Like

my wife felt a bit sick after ST, but liked MFSR. She’s not a huge coaster/simulator fan.

my son rode both for the first time when he was 6 and thought ST was too rough and shaky, MFSR he likes a lot.

I personally don’t get sick on coasters or simulators easily, but to me MFSR feels smoother.

As an overall experience, I think MF is nicer simply because it’s a newer ride and it is the Falcon, being inside the ship is awesome. ST is fun, nostalgic, but the technology is older and you can feel it.

1 Like

Yes, that’s accurate, though IMO this part is too brief to cause significant impact unless the person is extremely sensitive to motion sickness.

I’d agree with that.

1 Like

Something brief is fine. 5 minutes worth is not.

2 Likes

I swear there were times I had that thing all the way down and it was not going up.

And as demonstrated by my previous comment, at least one time, his pilot was less than skilled. So he is describing a worst case scenario.

I did just fine as engineer or whatever the 2nd seat is, but the pilot made me a bit woozy afterwards - like I was walking sideways. FOP sometimes gives me the same sensation after the ride. I am fine on Star Tours. I do not like Remy’s that is my biggest :face_vomiting: ride.

3 Likes

We won’t do FOP and I’ve read enough about Remy to skip which is ashame because it looks so cute.

2 Likes

The last time I rode it (at the Liner meet in January), I removed my glasses during the screen parts and that helped. I was starting to get motion sickness before I did that.

2 Likes

As for a favorite between the two, MFSR edges it out for me if you are with a group. Star Tours is hit or miss for me, some versions I am laughing and just love. Others, I’m like “oh. okay, that happened”.

With a group of at least 3 - I think the group experience of the Falcon, and being in the Falcon, makes it special.

2 Likes

I have become one of the most motion sickness prone types as I age. It makes me sad. On our last trip, ST hit me pretty hard but I made it through. I’m probably done with that one but it’s a great ride. MFSR wasn’t as bad but I had moments of just wanting it to be over. I was a gunner. Rise didn’t affect me at all and is one of the best/coolest attractions I’ve ever been on. For reference, FOP is getting worse for me but closing my eyes resets my meter and buys time. Soarin’ is fine for me. GOTG was surprisingly ok for me too with a little bit of eyes closed.

2 Likes

That would definitely help. So then I guess you see the set pieces, but not what they are showing on the screen?

2 Likes

The first time I rode FOP it was a 3 barf bag. But since then, I have tried a few things and now I don’t get sick. Not sure which thing did the trick:

1. Take a regular Dramamine the night before
  2. Take half a less drowsy Dramamine when I get in line
  3. Ask for one of the seats toward the middle of the auditorium
  4. Focus on the air blowing from the fan
  5. If I ever feel motion sickness coming on, look around so I can see the motion of the rows above and below me.

Now that my body is trained for the motion of this ride, I don’t get motion sickness at all. Hopefully that holds true.

1 Like