Stacking Genie+

I was wondering this as well! Could it be that Disney just makes more LL’s available for the evening than in the morning? Thrilldata can’t answer this question unfortunately.

In any case, it seems to be more predictable to try for later return times. Late times seem to stick around longer than earlier ones based on thrilldata. Unknown whether it’s b/c they are less popular or Disney just makes more of them.

I just want to clarify something:
LL = rides included with genie plus
ILL = individual lightning lane rides (the 2 e-ticket rides sold individually at each park)?

1 Like

Yes but there is currently only one ILL at each park - till August 7th or 9th, can’t remember exactly.

1 Like

This is really good info, thanks! I’ve adjusted my plan with afternoon expected return times, but will definitely be trying for drops!
G+ that you can’t actually use until the afternoon is significantly inferior to the old FP system.

1 Like

So on our arrival day, I’m wanting to stack at Epcot for after 5pm. At 7am, I imagine I should buy the ILL for Cosmic Rewind… and mostly I just want to be able to stack Soarin, Test Track and possibly Frozen. But mostly just Soarin and Test Track. Think that is even possible? I’m not interested in Remy. So every two hours after 7 I can get on and book a LL for an evening time?

1 Like

TT + Soarin should be doable. I’d start with TT since return times go late pretty quickly. Then your next LL is at park open + 2 hrs.

See post 1 of main Genie thread for general booking priority recommendations.

2 Likes

No, it’s every two hours after the official park opening of the park you make your first G+ LL in. If EP opens at 8:30 a.m. (like it does today), then you can book a second LL at 10:30 (not 9:00).

3 Likes

As well as the points already made, you cannot choose your times for LL. So you might have to wait longer to get the time you want, which will push the time you book the subsequent LL later.

3 Likes

That worked for us. I worked hard to get the first G+ near park open. Then we left at 11-ish. We had park hoppers, so the second and later G+ was always for the afternoon park. I think 3-something was the earliest I ever got for the second G+ and then we took advantage of the leeway and arrived a little before 4 pm.

2 Likes

For all of you experienced stackers…
I am practicing this AM, and here is the problem I am running into (which I knew would happen with “stacking”). I am trying for TT as my first LL @ 3:30. I started refreshing @ 7AM to try to get the time to 3:30. It was progressing and got up to 2:15, and then poof! At 7:08, the times reloaded and wet back to AM. It’s moving slowly now (it’s 7:20). Must I really sit here refreshing until the throngs arrive at the park to make it climb to 3:30?

ETA: My APR is for Epcot that day, and I know that hopping there would be the best solution, but I really don’t want to have to go to another park to tap in just to get times after 2PM for Genie?

@bebe80 - The return times charts from Becky’s Blog post don’t seem to take drop times into consideration, right? (See my post above.)

Correct

1 Like

Yes… at least that was my experience

3 Likes

The 2:47 EP drop should yield TT return times starting at 3 PM if you’re brave enough to wait. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Thank you! I have been following the drop thread, and your vigilance in this area is amazing! I am just so stressed out by all of the new drop procedures and frustrated with my family’s desire not to get started early in the day. I feel like Genie+ was designed for people to start early and progress through the day. Unlike FP+ where you could plan your day around your chosen times.

2 Likes

It’s 8:22AM and I am still waiting for TT to move to 3:30. :roll_eyes: It is currently @1:35 PM.

I’m sorry I haven’t caught up with the rest of your TR yet. Been distracted with my son’s college graduation last weekend and planning our trip for next week. Hope to catch up soon.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if the new drops are in response to stacking and wide spread knowledge of it. The whole point of Genie+ was to get people out of lines as much as possible so they could spend money in the parks, right? Now with the ability to stack, families can choose to not show up until late afternoon.

Previously, the 11:32 AM drops and any subsequent drops were useful for stacking and park hopping.

For example, the 11:32 drop used to yield return times starting at 1 PM and would then cycle through to 3:00 or 3:30 PM. Very useful for late afternoon stacking or park hopping. :+1:t2:

Now, starting return times are 13 minutes after the drop. Not very useful for stacking.:-1:t2:

3 Likes

Yes, I am seeing that. At 8:40, I saw the TT Return times get all of the way to 3:25, and now (8:46), they are sliding backward? Grrr!

TT finally reached 3:30 at 9AM. That was 2 hrs. of watching it. Something will have to change with our plans. I can’t waste that much time next week staring at my phone.

2 Likes