“Squirrel” aka Impulsive CSR/FARTS (Festival of the Arts) Trip

Yep, it’s hard to believe it wasn’t a Tim Burton movie.

2 Likes

I love your spontaneity!! I hope you have a fabulous time.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Hubby said he was jealous last night and wants to come along but we thought leaving a 13 and 16yo home alone with 4 dogs (one of whom wants to eat 2 of the others so they have to be kept separate with multiple barriers at all times) in a rental house was probably bad parenting/dog owning/renter behavior. LOL

4 Likes

Oh, that would be a bad idea. I don’t think I would leave kids that age alone for a weekend even without 4 dogs.

1 Like

Yeah, and it’s the 13yo that is the problem. We went on a date once last winter pre-covid with the older one in charge and my uncle contacts me to let me know my daughter is posting on Insta her parents aren’t home so party at her house! I have to watch that one. but one of these days all too soon we can both be spontaneous (as long as the dog sitter is available of course because I will always have dogs)

4 Likes

:astonished: At 13?!? Wow–you do need to watch her.

2 Likes

I am laughing because seriously that is something my soon to be 12 year old dd would do. She is nuts and we are in huge trouble!

Also a huge Ariel fan here.

3 Likes

9 Likes

:rofl::+1:t2:

2 Likes

This was the almost exact dynamic we had for the last several years. Now we only have 3 dogs, but one still wants to eat the other male, our cat, and the UPS guy and any one else who has the audacity to come over. We are constantly rotating dogs in and out and have gates to keep everyone safe.

1 Like

I feel your pain. I used to joke I ran the suburban anex of the dog shelter I fostered for. We’ve partially retired with just the blind dog that wants to eat some other dogs; she’s picky about her meals.

2 Likes

At the airport and it’s completely dead. I was the only person and at security and the gate is very open with lots of room to spread out. Security said this was the last flight of the day so maybe that’s the way to go to avoid some risk. I sent my daughter at Christmas to her father’s and the airport seemed busy as normal then and it was hard to socially distance. She said all seats were filled on the plane. This is much nicer than that.

Edit: the flight itself is packed. I’m glad I got the KN95 masks.

6 Likes

Am I the only one who calls it FOTA?

I thought that is what I have seen “officially”.

1 Like

That’s prolly what it is. But I thought Disney Food Blog calling it FARTS was funny.

3 Likes

11:27pm and the clock is ticking

6 Likes

And 9 min later I’m in the last row of the bus and unlike the airlines rows are skipped b/w guests and parties sit alone. Already I’m in Disney. Woohoo!

10 Likes

Yay! I did not think you would have a 45 minute wait. :joy:

3 Likes

12:33am and at the lobby. Last stop of three hotels (CBR and BCR). Lobby is gorgeous

5 Likes

I’m pretty tired but sleepy thoughts on my first DME in 8 years is that it’s really not bad. Sure I could have parked right outside my room and got here in half the time but the bus driver was funny and nice, the seats were comfy and I at least enjoyed the new Mickey cartoons. I don’t know that it’s worth a hundred dollars or more for something different if you plan to stay in the world and don’t have tiny tots in tow. I’d do it again. CSR isn’t as spread out as I imagined. Caribbean Beach appeared bigger to me. And it’s beautiful. It was a 10 min walk from the Tower to Casitas bldg 5 but a pretty one. And I think it took me almost that long to walk to my room in BCR before when we were on the Epcot facing last side.
Good night :sleeping:

9 Likes