“Squirrel” aka Impulsive CSR/FARTS (Festival of the Arts) Trip

Merely two days ago, @JJT posted about February’s Hotwire deals. Somehow that led me down a rabbit hole of could I, should I, would I? One might ask, “Have I gone mad?” To which I’d respond, “I’m afraid so…entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.” So here I am, two days later, and it is the morning of my first solo trip ever let alone to WDW.

This is a weekend of CSR (which I did get with @JJT’s Hotwire deal of $124/night with taxes for a holiday weekend) and FARTS (which I stole from the Disney Food Blog, credit where credit is due) otherwise known as the Festival of the Arts. This will be first time at this festival. In two days, I’ve managed to research what foods I’d like to try and I’ve got my printed list with booth locations on the ready.

Tonight, I begin with a late flight at 8:09pm, and I have booked one of my last trips on DME (the last time I used this service was 2013). I’ll see how it compares to my memory and during covid. I’ve got my KN95 masks on the ready for my first covid flight. Fingers crossed but the plane looked rather empty on the seat choice map so woohoo, very few other people seemed to have my same crazy idea!

Tomorrow will be my resort day so I that I may sleep in from my late arrival. I’m going to walk around Lago Dorado, attempt to brave the cold and ferocious Jaguar of the pool slide, have dinner at Three Bridges and a nightcap at Dahlia Lounge. Sunday and Monday will be Festival of the Arts and maybe a ride or two depending on how full my belly is. I fly home Monday at 5:20pm so my Monday will be 2-3 hours depending on when they let us in but I had to book the 2nd day because I cannot eat everything I want in one! I will attempt to rope drop both days and post what time the first bus came at CSR and when they opened the gates at Epcot.

20 Likes

Have fun!!

2 Likes

Sorry, but all I can see in the title of this thread is Squirrel Farts!! :rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Flying cheap so stole my daughters old backpack cuz it’s all I get. But I’m packed. Hand sanitizer, masks, swimsuit, clothes, toiletries, flip flops, swimsuit, tip money, phone charger and water phone case :heavy_check_mark: Am I forgetting anything?

6 Likes

Of course this was like the first thing on this morning…

8 Likes

So happy for you! Have a fantastic time, and thanks in advance for the timing/logistics details!

1 Like

:rofl:
Good way to start a Friday with a silly laugh!

2 Likes

So excited for you! I hope you enjoy CSR and the pool slide. I’m hoping to try it out in a couple of weeks!

3 Likes

I’m a little jealous of your profile name. I was born in 79, Ariel was my favorite childhood princess and is now my dog’s name!

4 Likes

HA - I picked that name for those same reasons (minus the dog’s name), favorite Disney princess (mainly because of the music in the movie) and I was born in '79! When i saw your post about your weekend trip and CSR deal, I briefly considered (well, dreamed) of doing the same thing this weekend - I’ve taken solo trips before and they are great! I hope you enjoy CSR - we’re staying there for the first time in March and I am very excited!

4 Likes

I often burst out into Part of Your World at random moments.

3 Likes

“I want to be where the people are
I wanna see, wanna see them dancing
Walking around on those
What do you call 'em?
Feet!”

I sing this part ALL the time. Especially during this pandemic.

8 Likes

Up where they walk
Up where they run
Up where the play all day in the sun
Wandering free
Wish I could be
Part of your world

Edit. I may have a word or two wrong but that’s how I sing it and the pros have it wrong if they sing it any other way!

8 Likes

My niece was born in 1984. I fell in love with the Little Mermaid when it came out and I was so excited to take her. Well, it scared her to death. She still hates that movie and for the longest time wouldn’t even go on the ride at DCA with her kids. I have so many regrets. If we had waited to show her the movie it might be one of her favorites. She loves Beauty and the Beast. I do too, but The Little Mermaid edges it out just slightly.

4 Likes

:frowning: That’s sad. I was personally already in love with the story when Disney released it. There was another cartoon version where the mermaid was named Marina and her BFF was a dolphin. Of course this cartoon ended the way the real fairy tale does with the mermaid dying/ending as the stone statue that sits to this day in the harbor. I rented this VHS over and over from our local rental store. Then came the Fairytale Theater monthly videos delivered in the mail with a live action retelling where the mermaid’s name was Pearl which I could watch to my heart’s delight because we owned it. So when the Disney version came it, it was guaranteed to win my heart. This and Aladdin are my two favorites for singing (Aladdin was the first CD I ever bought and I have the original where they sing about cutting off ears if they don’t like your face so I still sing it that way depsite the updated PC lyrics.)

I’m sorry about your niece. My parents did something similar to me with Gremlins and we had to leave early. But I was able to enjoy it when I was older so your niece should seek counseling so she can Let it Go, Let it Go…and love that movie! HA HA!

3 Likes

I have two movies from my childhood that I still do not like, so I’m sympathetic to her aversion. They are the Wizard of Oz (I’m not that old, but it came on TV every year) and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I was 5 when the original with Gene Wilder came out and my mom took me to see it in the theater as a special treat. Nightmare city!

1 Like

I loved both of those. I got Willy Wonka as a Christmas present one year from Santa! My mom loved Wizard of Oz and have you seen the Disney sequel, “Return to Oz” I loved that one too as a kid.

2 Likes

I’ve read some of the Wizard of Oz books - original ones by Frank Baum, but I don’t watch the movies.

1 Like

That one is just weird, but I like how Jack Pumpkinhead is an obvious inspiration for Jack Skellington.

2 Likes

I liked the Wheelers I think they were called. They were scary and the witch with all the heads…creepy!

1 Like