We came across $20-30 flights to Orlando for March 21-25 or April 1-5. Looks like crowd calendar for March dates are around a 6 and the April dates 7-9 crowd levels. I imagine it’s because April 4th is Easter, but April might be the only dates we can go. We went to Disney a couple years ago and CRUSHED IT using touring plans even during the busy summer…it was amazing!!! I don’t have the time to plan like that for this spur trip. I have some concerns/questions:
- With crowd limits in place, what level of risk do we face that the limit would be reached early and we couldn’t get in? Is this happening a lot?
- Do we need express passes for both the March and April dates with those crowd levels?
- Is it possible to do Universal fairly well with express passes without tons of touring plans?
- Is the water park warm enough to enjoy during these dates?
- Disney parks have crowd levels 2-3 these dates. I wonder why Universal is expected to be so much higher than Disney? We haven’t been to Universal before but I suppose if it was a bad idea, we could do Disney (we haven’t seen star wars stuff yet!) and with crowds that low it would be ok to book so close to our trip dates and not be too stressed about fast passes…can just do our best with that is available now? There were only a few rides when we last went that we couldn’t get a day of fast pass for!