Speculation of RNR refurb end date?

Anyone heard any speculations of the end date of the RNR refurbishment? Our trip is in early May and just wondering whether to even hope it will be open.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t count on it being open in May. it’s closed until Summer 2024, so that would mean anytime between late June and late September. Usually closer to the latter.

3 Likes

:pensive:

1 Like

I am also hoping it is open for my trip in April 2024 so i actually did some research on this…I’m hoping this refurb isn’t as long as last years since they likely did a lot of work on it and this is to hopefully “tweak” what didn’t get fixed last year…

So if you base it on last years schedule (which they also said “summer of 2023” when first announced in January) then here is the timeline:

Closed Feb 20, 2023 and reopened (soft reopen) May 29, 2023 or a total of 98 days and that was following 2 announcements that originally said “summer 2023” and then further amended to “July 2023”

So if you project that out to this year:

Closed January 8, 2024…98 days later is April 15, 2024 (our actual first day in HS of our 8 day trip)

So here is to wishful thinking for both of us!

I am hoping that WDW is in the business of “underpromise, overdeliver” and reopens it earlier than the stated timeline

3 Likes

Your lips to Walt’s ears. Trip is 4/21. Last year we arrived 2/25. I haven’t walked this way since 2021.

2 Likes

I know its a long shot but it happened last year so Im hoping it can happen again this year…especially after they did a lot of work on it less than 12 months ago

2 Likes

It is a bit sad whenever we talk this way

3 Likes

You don’t think it would open for summer high season? Late May? I’m hoping to ride RnRC on Memorial Day :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I really don’t. They said closed for summer. I would think if it were going to be back online for summer they would have been clear about that.

2 Likes

Late May has sometimes been described as Summer by Disney. Early May is a long shot but not entirely out of the question since they could be giving themselves breathing room and might finish early. You never know.

1 Like

:cry:

Heck I hope I’m wrong. I’m there in late June and it’s one of my faves (and also, love the 603 connection).

3 Likes

Is this wishful thinking… your trip is early June?

1 Like

Here is the attraction page. They don’t list a date. I believe parks reporters like Scott Gustin are the only source we have for the “summer” verbiage.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/rock-and-roller-coaster-starring-aerosmith/

Here’s a WDWMagic blog post.

Walt Disney World's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster now closed for long refurbishment.

1 Like

Best to have low expectations. My last trip this year (possibly in the next 2 years) is in September. If it’s not open then I will be sad. :cry:

2 Likes

My trip is in early June and honestly I would kind of prefer it is closed so I don’t have to worry about squeezing it in. :rofl: I mean, I love it but we’re limited on time. But my kids really want to ride it, so I’ll be happy either way.

3 Likes

False
You’ve got the bug.

2 Likes

I think you’re right. The fact that I’ve been watching videos about DVC is proof. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Only hope is that they said same thing last year…

Original announcement on January 18, 2023 was RNR would close beginning Feb 20, 2023 and would reopen in Summer 2023

Then in April they updated it to July 2023

And it actually opened May 29, 2023

So theres still hope! especially since it was worked on already…hopefully they correct the lingering issues quickly

2 Likes

Jumping into conjecture territory here, but…I find it curious that they did a refurb last year, and here we are a year later with another MAJOR refurb. I say major, because the ride is down for a VERY long time if it was just minor stuff. And if that is NOT related to changes in the theme, that means something.

What, exactly? Well, as we all know, Disney has been cheap lately on maintenance. They are only doing the bare minimum to keep things operational. So…they did a refurb last year…but it wasn’t the RIGHT refurb. The cut costs, and as a result, here we are the following year, and there is clearly something wrong. Which means, to me, they likely found the cheapest option, not the RIGHT option to fix the ride…and now they are suffering for it by closing it down AGAIN. It makes me even wonder if there were safety concerns involved. Let’s hope they doing it right this time around.

I don’t want them to RUSH this fix. They should do it RIGHT.

1 Like