Space 220 opening September 2021

OMG this would mean, then, that they knew about the pandemic before the pandemic started since this would explain why it never opened as planned. Plate glass window broke - HA! Chef quit - HA! LIES!!

OMG it really was created by people to kill off people!

5 Likes

Nah. They decided the restaurant was cursed and would never open anyway, so no one would notice if they gave the freezer away in November when the storage info for Pfizer was confirmed. Walt’s head is looking pretty funky these days, so it really was a win-win solution.

The first time I read this, I mis-read “cryogenically frozen hand” :rofl::rofl: oh man. Yeah… head makes more sense

1 Like

The fact is they cannot open Space 220.

In a cost-saving measure they decided to re-purpose some old freezers they found at Cosmic Ray’s.
Sadly, they’d forgotten that they used one of them to trap the original ExtraTERRORestial Alien
He’s been dining on stray contractors ever since.

4 Likes

Bumping to see if anyone has heard any new rumors.

On a related note, WDWNT reported that Rodeo Roundup construction has resumed. Any rumors on when that might open? I’m going in June, so I figure there is little to no chance, but you never know…

1 Like

No news. I think whoever suggested they will hold now until Oct 1 is probably right.

3 Likes

I agree. The delayed opening of Remy was a real dagger in my heart… It told me they are going to really hold back until next fiscal year to make the 50th’s numbers look as good as possible. I’m still super excited to be going in June (fingers crossed). I just finished my first complete “draft” of touring plans. Been tinkering with them for weeks (months?). Perhaps I’ll share them soon.

6 Likes

I’m doing mine too and booking my dining for early June. It’s fun and exhausting at the same time because I have to try every combination myself. I’m also super excited even though I was sad about Remy and thought there was a good shot. But im still hoping for Velicoaster at Universal :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I have seen rumors on a couple forums stating oppening in May.

There may be some truth to it as they have been hiring.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, those job listings were also pulled from Indeed yesterday but I did see them there before they disappeared. Not sure what is going on. Maybe they’re hiring, maybe they’re not!

Theory: they are nowhere near opening but don’t want us to forget about them so threw those listings up long enough to be noticed and get us talking about it again.

Hook.
Line.
Sinker.

8 Likes

Yeah, they will hook me EVERY TIME with Space 220! I’m glad I only found out about it when I was planning my May 2020 trip, though. I feel bad for the people who have been hanging on for 4 years or whatever it’s been. :joy:

2 Likes

Man, I was so excited to do it in my Jan 2020 trip. And like most things in 2020…

2 Likes

I was SO READY to book an ADR for my May 2920 trip (then my rescheduled August 2020 trip) but we all know how that went…

1 Like

That actually sounds about right? :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Maybe we won’t have to wait until 2920!!! The jobs are now up on Ziprecruiter!

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/candidate/search?radius=25&search=space%20220%20delaware%20north&location=Orlando%2C%20FL&fbclid=IwAR3fgrQ0UdN2NUjhvl9aanEuL7EBQyl4EWdlXOhswhO4MheyD3f-I6js9oQ

You can check the Disney official web site and ‘careers’. I would think you’d have to apply directly through their site and not a second unaffiliated site.

It’s a Patina Group restaurant. I don’t know that they ever post their listings on the Disney careers site. They do post positions on their own site. Maybe in this case they’re just widening their search given how tight the market is.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t think about that.

1 Like