Space 220 opening September 2021

I have a very negative outlook, as you know, but I wouldn’t be placing any bets on it opening this year.

2 Likes

I suspect you really meant to say you are English - the Scottish are just generally loud, the Welsh sing a lot, Northern Irish can be loud too, Manx seem to be quiet but like motorbikes, Jersey and Guernsey like arguing with each other - all are British but the English like shouting if they think someone i.e. a foreigner, does not understand. :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Actually no, I’m Scottish! Which is why I went for the more generic British because otherwise the comment didn’t work

Am I correct that you’re from Guernsey? In which case technically you’re not part of GB (England, Scotland & Wales), nor the U.K., you’re a crown dependency and part of the British Isles! :grin:

1 Like

Apologies for thinking you may be English. I see you are doing the same to me as I did to you - no I am from Jersey :grin: - closer to France and further from England. Just remember the English got beat in 1066 by our Duke William of Normandy :wink:

1 Like

:joy::joy:

I love Jersey, had some wonderful family holidays there whilst the boys were little.

Yes, it is a great place to live - wonderful beaches, brilliant restaurants, lots of history, close to France, relaxed lifestyle, and yes close to Guernsey :grinning: but with it only being 9x5 need to get off the rock regularly.

6 Likes

Whisper it quietly but it seems Patina are targeting a May opening. The caveat is that this has been pushed out from March.

4 Likes

Re-setting my res finder!

Squeeeeeee! (Quiet squeee)

I lied. Unless I am crazy it is not listed in the res finder :sob::sob::sob:

@len! Help us?

1 Like

Okay. If this happens, and it is open when we go down in May for Universal, I am buying my wife a ticket to go to Epcot so we can do this together. Not getting my hopes up, but it would be awesome, for sure.

1 Like

I don’t know why but the pictures reminded me of the cherry and the spoon in Minneapolis

4 Likes

With new restaurants they don’t do ASR’s until they are officially open right? So they won’t do a two month window in march or April?

It should appear once we’re in the 60-day window for May. I’ll keep an eye on it!

5 Likes

It depends on the restaurant. They could do ADRs but not necessarily 60 days ahead.

1 Like

I will do the res finder when i get close to my 60 days at the end of March and cross my fingers. :-).

I know we’ve been here before, but …

https://careers.delawarenorth.com/job/DELAA003Y540826/Executive-Pastry-Chef-Space-220

3 Likes

At this point, I consider Space 220 to be an urban legend. Until I see it with my own eyes, I won’t believe it’s real :joy:

14 Likes

I heard the delay is because they’re installing Walt’s cryogenically frozen head as the centrepiece of the attraction and they’re having technical difficulties with the freezer.

9 Likes

Oh, I thought the freezer had been donated to store Pfizer Covid vaccine and they haven’t been able to source another one.

6 Likes

Damn. That’s much funnier than my joke.