Space 220 Lounge reservation - need a plus one?

My reservations date just passed, and I was able to get a reservation for the Space 220 lounge. Problem is I could only get a reservation for 2, and we are a party. How likely will they let my daughter in on the reservation for 2? I will keep checking to see if I can modify, but was wondering how much I have to stress about it.

2 Likes

Technically, it’s not allowed. You could waitlist for 3 though or look for a resi for 4.

3 Likes

Are you sure? Many reservations allow you to add a guest during check-in.

I guess being a lounge that might be different (but it worked for me at Oga’s once, in person though not on the app)

2 Likes

I have been able to add one to my party for dining on the app during check-in. Never tried for a lounge, but you might be able to while checking in in person. Honestly that place is usually half empty so I’d be surprised if they said no (not to get your hopes up). If they do say no it would be due to table configuration.

Have a plan B just in case I guess. The good news is there is lots of good food in Epcot.

2 Likes

I thought for Space 220 they were being strict. Maybe that’s changed??

Well then it very well may be different. When Space 220 opened I read a bunch of people getting denied with extra people. But if it’s not packed still, I would assume it won’t matter then.

1 Like

Not sure. Figured I’d share that there might be hope. Worth asking - no worse off than now.

2 Likes

Jeff just said they are half packed now. So I’m sure it’s fine. It’s basically the same as wait listing. I don’t think OP will have a problem eventually getting seated. Just might have to wait a few if adding a person.

2 Likes

It’s weird, they just don’t fill all their tables. Not sure if it’s a staffing issue or what. It’s still hard to get a reservation. I don’t have first hand experience since 2021 but have just seen what people share on the forum and elsewhere.

1 Like

DD20 and I went in December. Had a 2:00 ADR and I agree, it was pretty empty.

2 Likes

I didn’t want to risk +1 not being an option …as my +1 would make it 5. So I booked a 4+2 reservation. (I was fortunate that I was able to get the reservation for same time)

It is odd that they are hard to book, but agree that I don’t recall the Lounge being full

2 Likes

The Space 220 lounge is the only place that turned down our request for plus one. The lounge tables only seat 4.

4 Likes

This is good intel. Seems like a 2+1 should be ok though?

1 Like

Well then you’re going from a 2-top to a 4-top. I could see that maybe being a barrier. But I would still ask or hope the app allows the add

2 Likes

Have you checked to see if there’s availability for 2 within 10 minutes or so of your current one? Then you can just ask to sit together when you check in.

1 Like

Yes, I was sad that day.

The slots filled up really quick. I will keep watching if I can add anything. I do have a family connection to Patina if need be, but I would rather not pull favors if I can help it.

1 Like

I would think so since there are four person tables. But there are also two person tables so who knows.

1 Like

You can’t check in there on the app so you have to do that in person.

2 Likes

It was. I felt so bad about it.

1 Like