Southwest vs Spirit. My first time on a Spirit flight

I followed that link and that is a fairly substantial bag! I like it.

1 Like

Nope. No fanny pack. Friend traveling with me had the same bag I have and was wearing a Lululemon tiny little cross body and they wanted her to pay for her “carry on bag” (the personal item bag) since the purse was the “personal item”. They said if she could shove it in the bag, she wouldn’t have to pay. She shoved it in.

4 Likes

It is. I love it!

2 Likes

I can see this is the time for cargo pants. And a jacket with pockets. :wink:

4 Likes

My one hang up is my Dyson dryer would take up almost that whole bag. :stuck_out_tongue: I might buy one to try it out. It’s only $10 and I like the colors.

1 Like

I vaguely remember this episode but I can 100% picture Joey :joy:

You would travel with it? I use whatever hair dryer is at the hotel. The only thing I must have is my straightener and it’s compact.

1 Like

I love my Dyson Hair Wrap. It was my 50th birthday present a few years ago and I use it faithfully. I could just dry and curl it, I suppose. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It might be cheaper to mail it to the hotel and back home!

2 Likes

I did wear a fanny pack under my jacket. As long as I can’t see it, you’ll be fine. But if they see it, they’ll want you to put it away. Somewhere else or pay. We had the maximum size personal item that you could take and we have not ever been checked by them to make sure they fit. Although we did check ourselves the first time we went just to make sure we would not have an issue when we were ready to board.

5 Likes

I too have tucked my fanny pack under my shirt/jacket. And I do wear a couple of layers sometimes, or at the very least, my bulkiest clothes. I have definitely been able to pack for a three day trip with only a personal item. I take it as a challenge to not pay extra.

4 Likes

Same :rofl:

2 Likes

@Enchantedbythemouse - maybe we’ll see each other on a spirit flight in Nashville sometime! I’d love that!

1 Like

That would be fun! As long as they are selling such cheap flights I’ll be there. Southwest has really increased prices out of BNA this year. It’s nice to have an alternative when you don’t need luggage.

1 Like

Y’all - what is the real difference in seats? I’m being offered a chance to choose for our non stop LAX to Charlotte, NC.

Is a $40 seat much different than a $31 seat than a $26 seat, etc. They all seem to have the same legroom. And the $18 seem at least close to the bathrooms.

I will likely buy them so we can sit together (or will we want separation at that point…)

1 Like

It looks like it’s a location on the plane- with the exception of the larger leg room seats or the big comfy seats at the very front. Other than that, the seats are the same. Some people like to be closer to the front to getoff quicker.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had 4 spirit flights and never chose seats. When I checked in my party was sat together. Friends have done it as well and were seated together.

1 Like

We haven’t bought seats either and we were all sat together. I wouldn’t purchase them personally.

2 Likes

If you have kids under 14 on your reservation they will seat you together per the fine print.

4 Likes

Y’all are the best. Thank you both.
I’ll skip it. :heart:

I am paying for carryons. They are free with our westbound American Airlines flight so I don’t mind paying one way back. And I want souvenirs. :heart:

2 Likes