Southwest (SWA) -whose waking up early on the thursday 3/12?

That’s super confusing, but makes sense. I’m not sure mine will go down, I scored $100 down and $120 back, which is about normal. Whenever they do a $49 sale or whatnot, my airport only goes down to $100. It’s been years since I’ve seen less than $100.

and what does that have to do with Southwest, who doesn’t do that?

I don’t know. But you said that doing two one-way instead of round trip didn’t matter for the initial trip, and I was just expressing that it might in other cases.

I do know when I was looking at flights for my son last year, that I did find cases where booking round trip WAS more expensive than book two one-way. I just have no idea which airlines I was looking at, etc.

I don’t see how it matters what other airlines do for round trips, I wasn’t speaking to them at all, but Southwest’s and its policies. This is a southwest thread and discussion.

Looks like I can grab the $49 flights down and $59 flights back. Now to just get the sign-off from DW seeing as how all this COVID-19 stuff could throw a wrench in things.

Got it. So no one is ever allowed to broaden a topic at all.

I wasn’t really responding TO you, but to what you said. That is, there may be times booking two one-way flights instead of round trip MIGHT be beneficial for the initial flight. And I made it clear I didn’t know for what airlines.

But forgive me for offering general input/information for others to consider when looking at flights.

Don’t get snippy just cause I asked you to clarify and then I further clarified what I was referring to. I mean…you’re friggin agreeing with me for the most part.

I’m confused. You were snippy with me first. Of course I was agreeing with you, and then expounding from there.

You read it wrong then, i was just stating things

booked our flights…got the cheap ones…so we are pumped

Only thing I am not 100% okay with is that we will be on a 737 Max 8…but I guess if they feel it is safe then I’ll have to trust them.

Hard to beat a 90 minute flight to MCO. We will land at MCO at 8:05 AM…then take DME to Kidani. So we should be on property no later than 9:30 AM. Hard to beat that. Then we fly home at 7:00 PM on our departure date…so DME should pick us up around 4:00 PM. Again…that gives us almost the whole day to do whatever.

Now we just need COVID-19 to get under control.

737 Max 8’s are still grounded per their announcement at the top of the page?

737 MAX 8 Aircraft Update

In compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) order on March 13, 2019, our Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft remain temporarily grounded—until further notice, you will not be flying on a 737 MAX 8.

The limited number of Customers who have already booked their travel and will be affected by our amended schedule are being proactively notified of their re-accommodated travel plans, according to our flexible accommodation procedures.

The Safety of our Customers and Employees is our uncompromising priority, and we remain in communication with Boeing and the FAA. We will resume regular MAX 8 operations when authorized to do so and will continue updating you as we know more.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience experienced as a result and appreciate your patience as we work to accommodate our affected Customers. You can check your flight status at Southwest.com.

So you should be good

WDW took away the 25% passholder discount for my dates. I could move to a direct flight Sunday night (was currently planning monday morn and get in at 11:10pm sunday night vs 11:45 am monday). However, not sure it is worth cost to stay at YC. Maybe stay at value resort that night and transfer hotels the next day.

Yeah I really don’t think the MAX will be back into service by then. Boeing is being required to redo the wiring harnesses in every aircraft before it can be certified again. I read the other day that SW was hoping to have pilots on simulators by August, maybe that will happen but I will be surprised. From what I’ve been reading, industry analysts are saying maybe by the end of 2020 it will be back in service.

Wow! We are at about 6-7 hours max to drive somewhere, and usually only then if there aren’t good/any airports like when we visit my in-laws. We would never even consider driving 12 hours somewhere, let alone 24. I was even considering flying to Seattle next month (a 40 minute flight) just to save the 4.5 hours of driving. But I don’t think we will be going over there now, Avery was going to attend an admitted students day at Seattle U.

1 Like

Ugh, well I got reasonable prices, but they pretty drastically changed the schedule. Now they only have one MCO-MHT flight on Sundays and it’s super late. I ended up booking Monday morning but that’s not really ideal either. Oh well! I spent less than 80k points for 5 people so I can’t complain. Darn that baby turning 2 years old!

2 Likes

Booked our fam of 6 for <72k points. Not our first choice airport, but worth it to have all 6 of us covered by points!

1 Like

LOL. 6-7 hours wouldn’t even have us stopping for a meal. We’d eat what we packed.

We love road trips.

1 Like

Last November I took my four DD’s to WDW for a MVMCP ans travelling homeschoolers trip. Because DH wasnt going and it was Nov I didn’t want to drive alone. We were able to get flights < $200 each and my girls hadn’t flown. It was fun to let them do it.

Booked $154 RT nonstop from PIT to MCO Sept 16-21. 9k in points. Boom!

1 Like

Wooooooooooo. Never guessed deals that far out.