Southwest (SWA) -whose waking up early on the thursday 3/12?

I love southwest for everything but this. This nonsense about “we’ll release flights …on this date…at some time,” as they put their pinky to their lip, is friggin annoying.

We all know that the flights are going to be the same as they were last year, and the year before that. Most of us just want to confirm we got them and/or see the price. Just release them ahead of time and just notify us that the schedule might change a bit until this mythical “release date”, it’s not that hard.

I mean, they change AFTER today a lot of the time anyway.

1 Like

To clarify… driving 14+ hours away isn’t’ a real option - (for me.)

I have done similar drives twice in my life and it makes me physically sick. While I’m not rich, by any means, I can afford to fly to save my body & sanity from the stress of that trek. I don’t want to drive 14+ hours just to have to spend a day or two recovering from the travel. :smiley:

Plus, I don’t stay in deluxe hotels ever and moderates are a special occasion. So that’s how I “balance out” the cost of airfare.

1 Like

So it seems like flights are psuedo released. I can change the URL dates and get flights, but I cannot select it via the calendars.

And ugh - they change flight times. They removed the flights I was looking for. May leave the night before/day earlier. Or just take a connecting flight. (leaves earlier, arrives later than initially planned.)

1 Like

YOU ARE AWESOME for that tip. Just snagged $79 each way.

Good for you. Flights fully released.

Same lame times. Same full price. sigh…waiting…to see if it goes lower or can extend trip…

1 Like

heh, yeah just noticed that. Typical. :upside_down_face:

What airport you coming from? Me SAT - flights are $170 each way, per person

Philadelphia (PHL). Usually it’s over $100 each way for me.

I snagged Philly trip - $79 down and $140 back. I’m a happy Southwest stalker!

1 Like

Ehhhhhh not impressed with the prices from my airport. I’m going to hold off. Having to use them by March 2020 if something happens makes me uneasy.

1 Like

WOW! :angry: These prices are $200+ per person more than what I’ve seen over the last year! :angry: - -

You can buy tickets for a trip next week that are cheaper than this. I though buying six months in advance was supposed to get you a “deal”

Woke up early and stalked the site for nothing. I’m gonna wait and see if I can get a better deal later

Yep. I am not booking. Prices not reduced. Maybe they are trying to make up for losses incurred now by thinking covid-19 will be “over” by then.

I woke up at 4:50 am too. ugh.

2 Likes

I did screw up though. I should have chosen to do 2 individual flights, but I chose “round trip”

does that matter?

How so?

Sorta. Thinking on it, I guess it’ll mean more if I choose round trip on my NEXT flight, actually. This one shouldn’t make much difference.

Anyway, should there be adjustments down the road, round trip vs individual flights does make a difference. It’s sorta convoluted, but if you make adjustments (like when they drop prices) you get a credit toward another flight. However, you get a new “credit” every time you do this and you can only use 2 credits at most toward your next flight.

So for example, you adjust your flights 5 times before your trip, you get 5 credits. Each time you did it, it was a different number.
$5, $1, $10, $22, and $5

At most, you could only use $32 toward your next “round trip”. Since round trip combines flights that those 2 credits are only good for the whole trip. However, if you do individual 1-way trips, you could use $15 on one way, and $27 on the other way.

Ah. good to know. so, in theory, I should book 2 one-way trips to “protect” myself against future reductions and applying of credits.

For your next trip, yes. I was wrong in thinking it means anything for the initial trip. This initial trip: the money spent is the money spent.

It’s only once you start accumulating credits that you need to start getting strategic with southwest.

Although, I thought I recall reading that some airlines will SOMETIMES price round trip tickets so that they charge the same both ways, and use the more expensive ticket as the price of both…so booking two one-way avoids this problem.

I don’t know how frequent that is the case, nor which airlines, though, since you know me and what an expert flyer I am. :wink: