Southwest--should I ever trust them again?

Very. Or the government will bail them out. Again.

5 Likes

I don’t really see a bail out helping them here. Not unless it comes with some sorta guidebook on “how not to mess it up, Southwest Style.”

1 Like

So last year at this time wasn’t SW having issues because they tried to reboot after a software update and everything went kaput? No displays, no flights, nothing. Seems like it was between a Thursday and a Friday.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh it’s Disney IT’s fault then.

That tracks!

8 Likes

Well

I was thinking SW bought software from Cerner

5 Likes

now THAT makes sense

3 Likes

That’s when the ol’ Fast Pass/Boarding Group/ADR/APR/G+ training kicks in and you start throwing digital elbows.

…hmmm we do a lot of training around here…
Eye of the tiger!

7 Likes

We used to fly on SW quite often and never had an issue. Something changed 5-ish years ago, and they never have direct flights where we want to go (could be because we are in Minneapolis and they don’t have a large hub here). I’m not totally unwilling to connect, but the connections are rarely good and I don’t care to spend 8 hours when I could get a direct 3 hour flight for a reasonably higher fare.

Right now when they seem to be melting down? Not a chance. If our current preferred airline was doing this, I’d feel the same way. I’d either find another way to get to my destination or rethink my trip.

2 Likes

My sister - usually SW customer - is thankful to be on Amtrak Thursday to Austin.

5 Likes

I think at that point I would try to purchase a used car, drive it home, and sell it for as much as I could. I’m not sure if I’m kidding or not.

11 Likes

11 Likes

Hopefully, there is alcohol at the end of the drive.

9 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

That’s a difficult thing to do these days. Used cars are stupidly expensive.

6 Likes

Apparently so are one way flights!

6 Likes

True. But we seriously couldn’t find a used car for our DS for less then $17,000 in our area. We ended up buying new because the used prices are so ridiculous.

4 Likes

I still can’t wrap my head around what’s going on

13 Likes

I think the pilot explanation is SW’s attempt at a story that will fly with the most people.

3 Likes

SW posted this video on Twitter

https://twitter.com/southwestair/status/1607905087074013185?s=21&t=zaa3irULknUaNq9reS_8lw

I think given the almost 100 posts here I’m feeling thumbs down on Southwest. I will seek out other alternatives unless there are none, and I will be not completely trusting of them from here on out. But, I’ve also not been completely trusting any airline since covid, so that’s not really that new–I just trust them less than, say, Delta.

2 Likes