Southwest--should I ever trust them again?

Yes this reminds of the sitch with my mama. But in general I don’t think I’ve ever met a contented AA employee. At least SWA ones are funny.

3 Likes

Oops. She probably wishes it was a Disney vacation instead to be honest. She is not thrilled with the groom and his choices.

9 Likes

Did I mention that’s one-way? :flushed:

5 Likes

This makes sense to me.

Meow!

:flushed: OK not that much money

Uh oh

:flushed: :flushed: OMG

7 Likes

No you did not. I’d be driving too.

7 Likes

Yeah, it is a pretty messed up situation, all of which is documented on the daily thread. He’s an ass.

6 Likes

Oh no :frowning:

3 Likes

Yes, we have been stuck in the southwest fiasco as well. We are currently out nearly $2000. Flights on delta were $1150 plus cost of luggage which was another $200. Then 2 extra hotel nights and food expenses. And Ubers to airport in an attempt to rent a car (which there were zero.) We are just trying to get home on Delta now. Flying to Atlanta and connecting to Huntsville and then my dad is going to meet us there and we will drive home 3 1/2 hours to our house. I would be losing it @JustKeepSmiling. You are 100% in my thoughts and prayers.

13 Likes

That really doesn’t bode well after a 15 hour drive now, does it?

11 Likes

This is funny to me on my couch with a car driving home only 3 hours when I decide I want to leave my dads. But I bet it’s not very funny to those stuck.

3 Likes

It’s not an ideal situation whether they fly or drive. :cry:

11 Likes

From Twitter:

8 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: what makes me even angrier odds they told us last night all flights are canceled. We get to the airport today and see 2 departing as we pull in. So some people get lucky (good for them) and others of us get major airline debt due to their lack of infrastructure.

8 Likes

I am really sorry to all who are stranded, having to drive etc. I hope all of you get where you need to be with a minimum of cost / stress. I will be thinking of all of you, especially the ones who had to drive to the wedding.

4 Likes

This is the most popular thread I’ve ever written here, I think. Only surpassed by the time I asked on Cruise Critic’s “new cruisers” section about what cruise ship toilets are like. People like to talk about toilets a whole lot.

8 Likes

that…is a very large coffee mug.

Where’s one get that?

…Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

yeah but the murder-urge is greatly increased with a 14+ hour drive.

9 Likes

True!

3 Likes

So side question, since SW is basically in free-fall right now? How likely do you think it’d be someone swoops in and does a corporate take over?

3 Likes

This is my thought…will southwest go under? Will they be bought out? What are the odds of the company existing after this?

2 Likes