Southwest change fare thingie is back

Thanks for the info! Our flights are mid November. So I guess they will be the next up then if they just finished the October ones. I suppose I’ll have to be patient :wink:

Seems like they are doing them about 6 weeks in advance of the date of travel, based on my experiences to date

2 Likes

All of my flights are currently eligible to be changed with no points difference! But maybe that is just my flights because they keep screwing with them. It’s annoying because I would PAY lots more points to get a nonstop!

4 Likes

Yeah, non-stop is SO nice! I planned my future trip around the non-stop flight days, even though it means heavier crowds.

Oh I DID do that! But then they just cancelled all of the non-stop flights out of Manchester :rage:

1 Like

They sure did and it’s awful
And there haven’t been nonstops out of BOS for some time.
PVD has an occasional nonstop but very very few.

Not sure the rationale here, but I hate it.

1 Like

Aw man! That is BRU-TAL!

We did get a nonstop out of PVD on the way down! But it’s at 1pm and the 8am is sold out. I’m hopeful a couple seats will open up but it’s not looking good.

1 Like

How far are you from PVD?

I don’t mind PVD but it’s 2 hrs from here whereas MHT is 2 MILES from my house. In a pinch, I could walk to my flight here

We are about an hour from Providence so not terrible on a Saturday. My dad will drive us and we’ll come back into MHT. They live about 20 minutes from MHT and I was going to be ok with a stop at BWI but the flight moved from 7:30am to 6:30am to 6:05am… with DS4 I didn’t want to arrive in Orlando exhausted! Even if we stayed at the Homewood Suites to save that 20 minutes, it would still be a 4:30am wakeup.

1 Like

I may have missed this but is there an average # of days out that SW cancels/ changes flights, in yalls experience lately? My direct from NO (MSY) is a little less then 3 months away. DH will only do direct. And honestly, if we have to transfer, looking at the other flights, we’re only saving a few hours vs driving (and by driving we could control when we arrive at Disney and have a car for transportation!) BUT DH doesnt want to drive either :disappointed:

1 Like

Not sure. They seem to be tweaking their schedules a lot. I think when they’ve got it almost where they want it they then move to offering the ability to change without added expense as part of getting to their final schedule. So if they offer the ability to change at 6 weeks, I would expect final changes around 4 weeks? Total guess.

1 Like

One of my flights only had 3 seats left, SUPPOSEDLY, think arrival flight. So Im confident in that. My return flight is like 9pm, worried they are going to bump it up. If so, Ill be bummed.

They seem to be doing away with those later evening flights, at least for my market. It’s a complete bummer. Where we once could spend a whole day at a park with DME pickup around 430 at the earliest, we now fly out much earlier with only half day park available to us.

1 Like

I think they are doing it relatively methodically because my MCO bound flight got cancelled and then a few days later my home bound flight got cancelled. I think it was around 8 weeks out. And then another week or two after that they tweaked the times. That was more frustrating because I probably could have gotten a better flight if I had changed the first time. I am 5 weeks out right now.

Can I lie to DME on the homebound flight since they don’t take your luggage anymore? Our flight leaves at 4:30 but we have precheck and I do not want to be sitting around the airport any longer than I need to be! (This will be our first time on DME!)

You could.

But dang I always worry about doing that and missing my flight.

Last trip in January there was an issue with DME and I arrived at gate in time for boarding. If I had “lied” about my depart time I’d have missed my flight. Not something I want to worry about on Saddest Day (departure day)

1 Like

I have a late September flight which I was unable to change for free even though it said free changes were available. It’s for a very low number of points, booked in maybe April and has probably been changed a few times already. When I try to do a free change, it will let me search but then gives me the “new price”. I’m not sure if this is because it has already been changed too many times or because the original price is too cheap. I could call, but since I don’t actually need to use it anytime soon and am just trying to milk it along for a random future trip I haven’t. Anyone else seen anything like this?

I would be sorely tempted. I am not a “get to the airport two hours early” kind of girl. I’m a get to the gate as they start boarding type of person. To my friends that is too stressful, but I find being there too early is it’s own kind of stress. LOL

2 Likes

Bumping this thread up for a question…
So there’s an alert on my SW flight leaving PHL 11/28 and returning 12/5. It says my flight may be adversely affected due to situations out of their control and I can change for no cost.
But when I look at my flights, everything is the same. Times, plane, nonstop flight, etc.
Is this a glitch or a warning that my flight is about to disappear? Or maybe they oversold and are trying to get people to move?
I don’t want to change my flight… I picked the first flight out of PHL specifically bc it’s the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and the latter in the day it gets, the more likely a delay or something. Same thing coming home… I don’t want to meet the ME at 3 AM, so I picked a later flight.

1 Like