Southwest change fare thingie is back

Meetcha there? :wink:

Oh dang we are going the next weekend. Oh well

1 Like

Columbus day is my BILā€™s wedding in NC, but we will be headed to MCO on the 17th! Definitely works for October flights, just got back WAYYYY more points than I was expecting to on those.

1 Like

Iā€™m seeing changes available again in late June and early August.

1 Like

The prices dropped again for me today. I just got another $100 in Flight Miles put back on my account. This is the second time Iā€™ve been able to do this. Iā€™ve now got over $450 worth of flight miles back on my account!

The cost of a DLR trip is almost $700 more in flight costs than going to WDW for me. This is why Iā€™ve never gone before. With these reimbursements it makes the trip only about $250 more than going to WDW. I know I donā€™t get the money back, but my next trip to Orlando for BOTH my DW & I is now paid for as long as we go by Sept. 22, 2022!

3 Likes

I have tried for a while this morning to find an answer, but havenā€™t been successful. So, sorry if this is slightly off-topic.

We are 99% sure we are going to have to cancel our late September WDW trip. This includes cancelling our Southwest flights as well. We used Rapid Rewards Points to get the flights, so when we cancel, will those points go into ā€œTravel Fundsā€ or back to the Rapid Rewards bucket? I know I can have the 9/11 fees we paid go into my ā€œTravel Fundsā€ to use later, but wasnā€™t sure about my points. Do any of you know? Also, how long would we have to use the funds/points? We will either go to WDW in 2021 or 2022 depending on how quickly the COVID-19 restrictions get scaled back.

The Rapid Reward points just go back into your account and your point total goes back up: you can use them just like your other points.

4 Likes

You may also be able to get the fees refunded. When you cancel, often you can choose between a refund or credit for the fees.

1 Like

we could opt for the refundā€¦especially if there are time limits on how long we have until we can use them as opposed to the points

The change fare thingie is back for some dates in the fall.

Related: I received notice of itinerary changes for our August trip.

I winced as I opened the notice. But to my happy surprise, both legs are better! On the way down itā€™s still early (7:25) but not quite as early; we still arrive to MCO in the a.m. On the way back our 6:30p flight with a layover is now a 7:30p nonstop!

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad it worked out for you! I received our second change last night. In both cases the departure hours were worse and they both are no longer non-stop. Itā€™s still workable but probability is dropping with MNSSHP, surge in FL, and still standing quarantine for NY. If not this year we will go in '21

I hope it works out for you!

Same happened to us. We had two nonstop flights in September and were changed to two flights with a layover. I was able to change back online to two new nonstop flights on the same days that were within an hour and a half of our original flights. Iā€™m not sure why they donā€™t do that automatically, but worth checking out since then definitely donā€™t place you automatically on another nonstop flight.

I was looking at flights for July and wondering is the adjustment would work to get a cheaper rate, not sure when all the adjustments are right now currently.

1 Like

In my case both of these new flights were NOT on the schedule before. These are new flights.

Thanks! I looked when I received the emails and direct flights were not an option. The other flight options only offered slight to improvement at best. SW did assign the closest to our original fight. I agree it is worth checking.

1 Like

This is back again for me (travel dates 10/23-10/29). I wish I knew if Iā€™m going to be able to add nights to my reservation.

Just for anyone - I was able to get an almost full refund on my SW tickets for September. (because they changed the depart / arrival times on my tickets - only by less than an hour total)

They did withhold about $75 per person because I had done one ā€œprice matchā€ when I contacted them earlier in the year because I saw the same SW flight at a lower price. Iā€™ll have that amount in ā€œmilesā€ to use until mid-Sept 2022. So, if you book and later see a better rate they will match it. However, if you have to cancel you only get the refund for the total amount minus the price match.

(I hope that made sense!)

I am so sad :frowning:

Thanks for the heads up! Iā€™ll be pushing our flights back another month :smiley: Been waiting for this.

Iā€™m seeing this on all my flights ranging from 7/30 to 10/23.

I keep wondering when the next free change is going to be? I know nothing is for certain, but I imagine there will be anotherā€¦ but when? Itā€™s 7 weeks or so since the last one. They were more frequent back then.

They had one recently. I have some October flights I still havenā€™t cancelled which I check in on often and had the offer to change.

Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t come here to mention it.

1 Like