Sooooooo, when will late April crowd levels be updated?

I read here a discussion on Spring Break crowds being bonkers and crowd levels being changed to 9’s up to a point and then there was going to be a re-eval based on more data. I can’t find where I read that, otherwise I’d ask there. I’ve been keeping an eye on that point on the calendar wondering when there would be an update. It goes from 9 on a Monday to a 3 the next day.

It doesn’t make any real difference since the trip is booked. But, a Liner mind wants to know. Our trip is the last week in April and the first in May.

3 Likes

I don’t know…but…

Hoping the downward trend continues…for both our sakes!

I think TP changed their predictions to all 9s for the short term because they had been vastly underestimating CLs at UOR. But, if CLs are starting to drop, then maybe those 9s will become overestimations.

I do think that the lower CLs they had originallly for dates in late April and May are too low, but hopefully not by much!

4 Likes

True. One of our August 2020 dates went from a 3 to a 8. The only big problem I remember was food. It was so bad, we had to leave just to eat. But, this upcoming trip, I have some dining reservations and the Mardi Gras food booths will still be up. So, we can probably tolerate some 7’s.

I’m here this week. The start of Mardi Gras festival. I ate at 3 booths and everything was awful. All of it had obviously been made in advance and sat around. Cold, tough and even burnt.

Maybe I just had an unlucky/bad day, but the prices for the small tasting portions are too high to keep gambling on it.

Wow, that is too bad. I guess stuff can change from one year to the next. I do remember really long lines at the booths, but stuff that should have been made fresh was. Maybe making ahead was someone’s brilliant idea to avoid the lines and sell more.

1 Like