Something completely new at WDW-never seen before- ROTR Stand-by Wait time

I agree. To me the experience (ride) starts with the first room you enter.

PS It’s a Star Wars Weekend on TNT. It’s on a continuous loop and I may or may not have it running all the time.

5 Likes

I agree. RofR is an Experience versus a ride. I feel like the experience starts in the first room.

6 Likes

So people will wait 1 hours at the “front of the pack” to get into the park, to avoid a 1 hour wait inside the park. Same thing ultimately. I’ve used your idea to blow off the “really really really long line” attractions at park open, and ride all the “popular” ones instead with little-to-no wait before their lines get long, then it’s all downhill from there. Then if it’s not ridiculously prohibitive, get in line just before park closing. Heck, it extends our day in the park. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The biggest problem with this plan is for those who want at close or after close ressies at Ogas. Now you have to choose.

4 Likes

Which I do and have missed off my planning spreadsheet!! Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

In June, I was able to Rope Drop Hollywood Studios by walking from our hotel and arriving just about in time to walk through the tapstiles and head straight to SDD with just a minor wait at each checkpoint.

It’s harder to do at MK or AK for various reasons - more crowds, more complicated transportation, etc. Also at Epcot we had to be a bit earlier and had to make a mad dash to FEA, but walked on the ride.

Overall I agree that if you have to wait an hour to get in the park, it’s not worth it.

1 Like

Feels like this is all sort of unhelpful with the lowest crowds ever. Seems like the next few days should start giving more realistic waits for the rest of the year.

4 Likes

Definitely.