Something completely new at WDW-never seen before- ROTR Stand-by Wait time

A Stand-by wait time at ROTR

Edit: Wait time just before park opening

14 Likes

Pictures stolen from Social Media

Rope Drop Lines

6 Likes

This is posted prior to park opening too! Can’t wait to open MDE and see how it is in about 2 hours!!

Just saw a twitter post from Laughingplace.com it is now 120 minutes at 9:02 AM

At 9:03 AM MDE has it at 150 minutes

1 Like

:thinking:

4 Likes

I love all the hands on shoulders in the pics :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

More pics, one report I saw says line extends back to 50’s Prime Time

Looks like they are setting up the queue.

4 Likes

A user on chat, @youcanfly I think, was at the parking booth at 7:45am and meeting BB8 at 8:45! So not a bad wait at rope drop in my opinion!

6 Likes

It’s kinda pretty

Now at 180 minutes on MDE at 9:17 AM

2 Likes

Clearly not 23 minutes :joy:

2 Likes

23 minutes is not even one full cycle. I think that might be off a “tad”

4 Likes

TP now up to 43 minutes

I’m assuming this is the recorded wait when currently getting on the attraction. So will have to wait for data after the fact.

3 Likes

Yeah. This whole standby idea for ROTR…maybe not such a good idea after all. But it will accomplish what Disney wants, if it continues this way…people will start paying for IAS once it is offered.

4 Likes

FOP has been posted at 150 or 180 plenty of times, right? Those times aren’t THAT outrageous.

6 Likes

I would disagree. 180 minutes is outrageous for FOP as well.

4 Likes

It’s a long time, sure. It’s not a 10 hour wait to ride Hagrid’s crazy though - it’s not unprecedented.

1 Like

I mean, I’m not going to wait 180 minutes either, but I don’t think that it makes standby “not such a good idea.” These are popular rides.

4 Likes

We’ll see what happens as the day progresses. I suspect that ROTR is going to be a ride that rope-dropping is a very bad idea, and it will become one that is better to plan to ride in the evening.

Often times, rope-dropping the most popular rides is the WORST decision. With all those people in line for ROTR, it is a great time to ride other things in the park instead with shorter waits.

But nothing at WDW is worth a 3 hour wait. Nothing. I wouldn’t wait that long for WAY WAY better rides at, say, Cedar Point.

4 Likes

when FOP opened there was an 8+ hr wait.

This is normal for high-demand attractions when standby is the only option

3 Likes