Something completely new at WDW-never seen before- ROTR Stand-by Wait time

I think at 17 min till the pre-show, your wait was definitely shorter than some of the times I’ve ridden with a boarding group. And without the stress at 7am! The other actual wait times submitted weren’t too bad - between 40 and 80 minutes.

This just might turn out ok.

4 Likes

I am completely uninterested in Star Wars. I rode MF and thought the queue was cool, but spent most of the ride waiting for it to be over. For me, boring and slightly nauseating. I told my boyfriend a while back that I watched ROTR and I was actually really excited for it, but I didn’t want him to watch so it would be a surprise. The last couple of days I’ve been asking how long he would be willing to wait and he said he didn’t know, because he doesn’t know what it is. Finally today he wanted to watch and I agreed. We didn’t even get to the ride vehicles before he said, “Ok, I don’t want to see anymore.” He’s ready to wait any amount of time. I may pay, but we’ll see how it goes.

3 Likes

I’ll see how this looks tomorrow. But this looks accurate so far.

Ok it’s updated:

(these are expected waits, not posted waits)

2 Likes

Just want to point out that this is pretty close to what I predicted. :wink:

3 Likes

I was looking at the Touring Plans Instagram story and they rode Rise three times today. It appeared to me that they were counting the line to go until the first vehicle - the shuttle -, not the primary ride vehicle. Has anyone explicitly asked them what they prefer? I think the Fab 5 timed until they reached the primary vehicle in the wait times they submitted.

1 Like

Right on!

I’ve seen multiple actual waits at 70 minutes, but not higher. Even if actual waits were 100 at the peak, it wasn’t documented so won’t apply to the average wait data.

2 Likes

The first pre-show is where I would stop my timer. The “primary” ride vehicle is pretty far into the experience.

4 Likes

That’s where I stop it too. If anyone hears official word, let me know.

1 Like

Right. Our time was to the primary ride vehicle.

1 Like

Agree but TP wanted it timed at the vehicle.

1 Like

What was the crowd level today at HS? That may make a difference.

1 Like

It was a 1. And I feel that seemed accurate.

1 Like

What were the wait times like elsewhere at park opening?

1 Like

Exactly! Feels like there’s an opportunity to get extra in at other headliners if everyone heads to Rise!

2 Likes

Quite low. We rode SDD twice at opening. Then ToT and RnR. We did all of those by 10:10 with a 9 am opening (rope dropped at 8:30).

3 Likes

This seems really odd that the standby line was so great, i.e. shorter than boarding groups.
Do you think that they maxed the capacity just to get standby accepted?

70 min posted at 3:30pm. Not bad - about the same as SDD and ToT.

5 Likes

OK. Here is the chart data from Thursday.
The black dots are Disney’s posted wait times. That average was 81 minutes.
The actual (green dots) average waits appear to have been 45-50 minutes.

5 Likes

I finally was able to get confirmation for when TP wants you to stop the timer:

“When you sit down in the black ride vehicle.”

This is nice. Whenever I’ve timed in the app, it always says something very generic like, “Stop the timer when you’re about to get on the ride.” Which isn’t helpful when there are multiple ride vehicles like RotR.

7 Likes

P.S. I’m going to mentally shave off like 12 minutes off the wait times, because I consider everything starting with the first preshow to be part of the experience.

8 Likes