So.. I've never been on Peter Pan's Flight

I love it - I think it’s way better than Pooh for the flying effect. I would do it without kids, no question.

That being said I’m not a huge roller coaster fan, so I have less things competing for my fast passes.

3 Likes

Agreed! If you don’t do it at RD or at least 2nd ride the next best time is during night time fireworks. I hopped on this weekend at 9:15pm with only about a 10 - 15 minute wait.

True, but we never rope drop.

I know I’ll have to one time, or do it during an after hours or something! And even then, sometimes they use the FP line.

I’d never done PP as a kid and I still love it. I love the music and I just find the whole thing magical. I did it a few times last trip with my DD5 who absolutely loves Peter Pan which made it even better. We’ve always done it at EMM or with a FPP, but I think we’ll RD it next trip to see the queue!

Peter Pan is one of my favorite books and one of my least favorite Disney movies. The ride is fine, but not worth passing up on something else for.
I agree with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building about Pooh. Pooh is trippy and fun and has shorter queues and easy to get FPP, and I’d pick it every time.

3 Likes

I agree with @Jeff_AZ. You’ll want to manage your expectations when it comes to PPF. It’s a great dark ride, but I am always surprised by how long a line it consistently gets. I think a lot of it has to do with the nostalgia of the ride and the story. Over the years parents took their kids on it to share the magic and then it becomes nostalgic for those children, who grow up (despite all the recommendations not to grow up) and share it with their children, and so on.

The queue is definitely worth seeing. I’m not sure, but I suspect if you RD the attraction, you might buzz through it relatively quickly and you won’t get to enjoy the queue fully. My DW and I usually will purposely schedule to go on it at least once during the day without a FPP.

4 Likes

I love it. AS IS. Just like I love Carousel of Progress, The Tiki Room, and Country Bears. It’s classic. I never feel like it’s not “worth it.”

We prioritize a FP for this.

4 Likes

And I think Pooh is boring and I LOVE Winnie the Pooh. I would take PPF any day over the Pooh ride.

2 Likes

Agreed. Hard to get same day. You could try RD bit you probably have other priories. It’s a neat ride but I wouldn’t wait more than 20 minutes with or without kids.

1 Like

My strategy is RD 7DMT and then head directly to PPF. Still a short wait, but you get to experience a slight wait so that you have a moment to appreciate the interactive queue. I won’t spoil it but one of the queue highpoints requires you to notice something about the person walking in front of you. The first couple of times I walked the queue I missed this because no one was in front of us!

Peter Pan is my favorite non-thrill ride and my husband’s as well. I get that it is not everyone’s cup of tea but it is pure Disney magic for us.

5 Likes

I like your idea of doing it second after RDing 7DMT… I recently did a personalized touring plan, and that is exactly what it recommended!

1 Like

I used a FP for it last summer and would be fine skipping both it and Winnie the Pooh (which I liked but went WAY too fast) this summer…but what do my child and wife remember as their favorite rides? PP and WtP. My response is also three letters and starts with W, but oh well.
Whatever makes them happy, I guess…

2 Likes

Right???

I have seen speculation on boards, and heard, maybe on backside of magic, some rumblings about how maybe the ride gets sped up in busy times. But I wasn’t there at a busy time, and I think it might be hard to slow it down and speed it up based on crowd levels. I would not be at all surprised if Disney did manage to speed it up to increase the ride capacity, and has just left it sped up ever since. We couldn’t get through the words in each song before being pushed along to the next room.

1 Like

Yup I went on during DAH, so definitely not a busy time(I was the only one of 3 riders at the time). And yeah, before the “thought” of the scene was even done, it was into the next one. The whole thing ended up not making sense even though i knew the story of it.

3 Likes