So.. I've never been on Peter Pan's Flight

Hey guys, I was hoping to get your thoughts on this. I am 33, and have never been on Peter Pan’s Flight. I hear that it is pretty great, but for whatever reason, my family didn’t take me on it as a kid, and I haven’t tried it as an adult.
Is this a fun one for adults without kids? (Me and my husband) Or something not worth waiting in line for?
How easy is it to get FastPasses for this same-day? I don’t really want to spend one of my first 3 FP’s on it.
Thanks!

Not worth it without kids IMO…way too long…

I’d suggest to only do it if you do a similar one and love it (such as Pooh)

2 Likes

Turn in your Liner card

10 Likes

This one’s gonna be up to you and yours. I would never wait more than 15 minutes for it.
It’s old skule Disney. Same as it ever was. OLD school. It’s dated. The queue has some interactive stuff. My family took me on it when I was a kid - right around 8 yrs old. I freekin LOVE PPF. I’m a big ol’ salt and pepper haired, gruff lookin dad now, and it gives me the feels. I love it. It might take you back in time if you liked the pp movie. It very well might not, tho.

2 Likes

Haha, thanks guys for the input so far! It sounds like it doesn’t need to a priority. Hopefully I can get a same-day FastPass for it and not have to worry about “wasting” too much time if I don’t like it!

I think it’s proof of groupthink.

It’s a kids ride with one moderately good scene (flying over London) and the rest is meh. The regular line is nicely themed, but it’s always insanely long.

Pooh is IMHO a much better ride yet it gets far less love and the lines are much shorter. It’s usually very easy to get a day-of FPP for.

3 Likes

HAHA, to be fair, i’m a new Liner :wink: Just got my first subscription a few months ago!

2 Likes

I love the queue and the uniqueness of the ride, but I think it is a rope drop only attraction.

3 Likes

I don’t see that happening.

2 Likes

If you like Disney dark rides (small world, pirates, little mermaid, Pooh, etc) add it to the list. It is actually one that my non-disney loving DH requests each trip, and he definitely did not grow up with Disney. It is a beautiful little ride, but not worth he hours long wait (nothing is). It isn’t not an easy one to get a SDFP for (though I will be rolling the dice for that myself). Maybe do it first thing or late in the evening?

1 Like

Oh, no? Perhaps instead I hope that MK does After Hours while I’m there in January… and plan to do it then?

1 Like

I’ve only ever done it during hard-ticket events. I’m not wasting an FPP on it and I’m not waiting 90 mins for it.

That’s what I’ve done.

1 Like

It’s very hard to get same day.

1 Like

I think it is a ride worth experiencing once in your life and then deciding for yourself whether it’s worthwhile to ride again. Personally, I think it is one of the most magical rides at Disney. The feeling of “flying” (even though you are mere feet above the ground), the night time effects, the beloved characters, settings, and music - all make for a unique experience that isn’t replicated at Pooh, etc.

That said, I wouldn’t wait more than 30 minutes or so - it’s simply too short in duration to be worth more than that. Try going at Disneyland rather than MK - the line tends to be steady at 30-45 minutes no matter when you go, and Fastpass is not available there.

3 Likes

I love it, but with caveats. 1) being never more than a few Minute wait. 2)The interactive queue outshines the entertainment of the ride itself. 3) but like it’s been said, this is classic Disney once in the ride. And for that, it’s given a lot of leeway.

I would suggest after a BOG PPO breakfast if you’re not dying to ride 7DMT. Other than, wait for the time to drop to around 10-15 minutes.

3 Likes

I agree that I need to experience it at least once in my life. So i’ll make it happen whether I buy After Hours or have to rope-drop it. I wish DL was an option, but it’s just too expensive for us. We live in Michigan, so the flight down to FL is so much cheaper.

1 Like

I also don’t think I would ever use a FP on it.

1 Like

for the sake of nostalgia, do give it a go if timing allows and without sacrificing too much time in line. there’s so many other things to do! my first time visiting dw as an adult, i was initially underwhelmed by peter pan. it felt a bit like a high school play set—which i don’t mean in a bad way. it has a certain hands-on vibe. i’ve since been on again, most recently last november, and am much more able to appreciate it for its history.

1 Like

I’m obviously a lone voice here, but it’s one of my favourite rides in WDW.

I would never not use an FP for it. My first three would be BTMRR, HM and PP. although I would like to do it stand-by one day.

5 Likes