So.. I've never been on Peter Pan's Flight

We have ended up not doing it our last 2 trips and it’s a must do this year for that reason - I’ll either FP it or RD it.

1 Like

I have a FP for it only because I can’t ride BTMRR with everybody else in my family.

1 Like

You should appropriately temper your expectations because it is 1) very short and 2) a kids’ ride. For me the nostalgia from riding it as a child makes it more magical, so you may not get the same feeling. But if you appreciate the history of the ride as an opening day attraction, and like the Disney movie and story, you should enjoy the experience for what it is. At best, it may become a must-ride favorite attraction.

I appreciate the heads up. I do think it’s something I might genuinely enjoy… at least once! The description of it kind of reminds me of E.T from Universal… which I always ride just for the nostalgia. So hopefully I’ll have fun at least!

7 Likes

ET is s good comparison.

6 Likes

We had time for one more ride at EMM before the RD crowds came and my tweens chose PP over 7DMT.

2 Likes

I think it’s a very well done Disney dark ride that is a bit too short to justify any kind of wait. I skipped it last trip, and used a FP for it my previous trip, with the caveat that we were doing two MK days with lots of same day FPs, so I didn’t feel it was a waste.

2 Likes

++ @Nicky_S … Want to experience the real genius of the original Imagineers, then this is the attraction for you. It’s old school and totally done without the aid of any CG or other automation.

During the summer a pass through the full queue is a good way to get out of the heat.

3 Likes

We almost always FPP it except on the rare occasion we are RD AM EMH or stay late for PM EMH

3 Likes

The trouble is, you won’t have a memory of the wonder from the first time you saw it. It was amazing for it’s day because of the great artwork, the flying and the perspective. I think today’s movie magic has jaded many people, however. We just expect more. If this were done today, it would have been different.

But given you’ve never been, it’s worth a try. Just go in remembering and appreciating that it was made for another generation. It is fun from that perspective. Oh, watch the movie, or at least a recap of it so you ‘get’ the scenes.

1 Like

We have kids and it’s a skip for all of us!

I don’t think you should FP because I think the queue adds magic to it.

2 Likes

On my recent MK we were going to do it at RD but it was down the first hour and a half! So our audible was Winnie the pooh, had no problem getting a FPP for PP at 8pm that night

1 Like

I loved Peter Pan as a kid. Got FP for the fam… overall
It was a let down because in my head “it was the best ride ever!!” So agree for the time it was made it was incredible. We also missed the line so next time I’ll RD to add to the story… my young kids liked it but for DH didn’t live up to
My hype!

I do love the queue but it cannot be a 75 minute (or worse!) queue because as much as I love the ride, I’m not giving it that much of my life. Hence the RD or PM EMH

3 Likes

Hmmmm, I got this as a FPP, but if it misses the fun queue, maybe we should RD it.

Yes, that is why I said RD but not FP.

1 Like

I rode it for the first time when I was 42 and loved it! I had been to Disney 3 times in my life before that trip and never went on it. I love the movie, though, and to me it seemed very “magical” although an extremely short ride!

3 Likes

Of course, if you RD it, you’ll move much faster and could miss a lot of the fun, too. Maybe make it your second ride of the morning and then you’ll be in a line, but not a midday line.

3 Likes

If you are not going to watch any of the parades or fireworks, try lining up for PPF at those times tor make it your last ride before park closing. As a SoCal native, I ride PPF every time I go to DL because it brings back memories from childhood and my older teens still love it.
Give it a try!

4 Likes