So... A Little Disaster Strikes

The cast reminds me of the Cheshire cat!

4 Likes

Yes!!! Didn’t even notice that!

I thought the same thing the moment I saw it!

2 Likes

Thrilled to hear you’re still going!! Have a great time!

2 Likes

Aw what a cutie in her Cheshire cast.

How did this trip end up?

Last year one of my daughters played soccer. I volunteered to be the coach. I didn’t have anybody on our team that I knew going in, (ironic that there was a girl who lives one street over) and had a self imposed rule that I could only touch them by giving a high five or on the shoulder if we were playing soccer freeze tag. Seeing as it was my daughters first time to play soccer I didn’t know that all the parents would stay, but going in I was going to ask that at least one parent stayed the whole time, if for nothing else to prevent a false accusation.

As it turns out, all of my parents were super cool. I would highly doubt any of them would do anything like that, unless it really happened. But I had no idea at the time. Even though I think that now, I would still never do anything to touch anywhere except a high five or a tag on the shoulder.

Disney is only protecting themselves, as well they should.

Poor thing! I will tell you that my BF’s niece had the same happen right before a trip and she got lots of special attention from CM’s and moved to front of lines a LOT. There were some things she was not able to do but she still had fun. Best wishes!

As far as the waterproof cast-- my son broke his wrist and he’s a swimmer so he wore the cast for doing workouts. It was AWFUL. It never dried. Eventually they put him in a removable splint, but it was a greenstick on the wrist, not an ankle.

My advise to you would be to cover that sucker, get some type of a waterproof bag for it for pool time, and not to let it get too too wet, because you’ll be using a hair dryer set to “cool” temp for about 1-2 hours to try to dry it out.

1 Like

We were once acquainted with a couple whose daughter had a congenital heart valve defect. She had to have open heart surgery at birth, and surgeries as she grew to replace her aftermarket heart valve (which didn’t grow with her). So instead of closing her chest they just kind of pinned it together. When she was running and playing with other children it was impossible for anyone who didn’t know her to identify which kid had the easy-open chest cavity. Despite her parents constant worry and vigilance she could barely be slowed down, much less stopped.

Children tend to be remarkably adaptable little problem solvers. Maybe because they focus more on how to do what they want, and less on why they can’t. I think your daughter will find a way to have a great time regardless. She might worry you a little more than usual while she’s doing it, though. So make sure to have a good time yourself. I expect that in years to come this will be a funny story you like to tell at family get-togethers.

1 Like