Slinky Dog Dash Vs TSM

Oh. I thought AS2 was referring to a website where they said SDD is a spinning ride. :slight_smile: Which is crazy.

I’ve not see AS2 used, only ASS, hence my confusion.

AS2 - there we go. I like that.

This rides looks horribly boring. Hmmmm, definitely FP SDD for us.

It is typical carnival/amusement park fare but with a Disney twist. It is surprisingly fun…far more so than, say, Dumbo. :slight_smile:

I do it in DLR when we walk by and the wait is slow. It’s actually kind of fun! And the music is pretty funny. I agree with you: more fun than Dumbo or even a Carrousel!

I’ve ridden Mater in DCA, and it’s actually a lot more fun than it looks. It’s hands down the best “carnival style” ride that Disney has made.

1 Like

thank you so much!
I think that I got tossed around more on KS when I was on the back bench by myself - LOL - so I would at least like to try it. :slight_smile:
I will have to see how long the lines get. I am going to RD with 8AM EMH in September, so I will have to see how long SB is for this & TSM - I am going to get a FPP for SDD if at all possible (60+5 so I think I will be ok)

So, based on my FPP experience for my July trip for one person
-SDD FPP gone at 30 days
-AS2 FPP gone at 35ish days
-TSMM FPP plentiful for any time morning or evening on any day of my trip, even now at 20 days before my trip.

If TSMM is that available, I have to believe you’ll be able to pick it up as a 4th FPP if you use your first 3 fairly early. I think my plan for our fall trip will be to RD AS2, FPP SDD, and try for a 4th FPP of TSMM. We’ll see how the next few months play out though!

4 Likes

A bit off topic, but for FPP strategy. Would it be better to take an early FPP for TSM and RD SDD, or take a late FPP for SDD?

From my experience, rides like SDD and FOP typically FPP availability very late in the day…even at the 60 day mark.

My thoughts are that most people RDing will go to SDD, then AS2, then TSMM. So my plan is to RD AS2, then TSMM, then do SDD on a FP.

1 Like

This was my plan too. But I’m worried I’ll only be able to secure a late SDD FPP. For example, 7pm.

We plan to spend the entire day at DHS and this would prevent us from getting a 4th+ FPP until that SDD FPP is used.

This is my plan too!!!

May turn out to be a dumb move, but I think I’m going to go for an early AS2 over a late SDD FPP, and just RD SDD.

From the looks of it SDD FPPs are all in the 7-9pm range…I haven’t seen anything earlier.

Plan to use the same strategy for FOP as those FPPs are also super late.

1 Like

It depends on what day of your trip you’ll be at the park. The later in your trip then the better your selection of times will be.

2 Likes

Ah… this is were I’m “lucky”… with kiddos, and not into thrill rides either, so no ToT or RnR. I need a FP for TSL, one for Star Tours, and that’s it. I wish BB-8 had FP. Otherwise, will probably end up choosing one for Indiana Jones or Frozen show…

For reference we got 3FP for SDD at 1:20 on day 60+3 and at 8:50 on 60+6. Think I could have gone a touch earlier for 60+3 but needed to dodge lunch at HBD…

Hoping I can be as lucky. I will soon find out as I’m up tomorrow morning. Looking at day 60+3 for DHS also, and day 60+5 for AK. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

We have a SDD at 12:25p for 60+4. My plan is to EMH RD AS2 & TSMM and maybe SDD too if we can. Our other FP+s are at 10:15a (TOT) and 11:15a (RNRC).

After SDD at 12:26 we are headed back to Pop for a few hours and then coming back for Fantasmic! and Star Wars. I’m hoping we can grab another SDD or TSMM for later that day.

Yea, I am the sole planner and DH never understands why we would have to back track - He always says “we are right here, why don’t we ride now” then I have to explain - it’s all dependent on when I can get a Fast Pass and then I have to explain the “tiers”

Unfortunately, my suspicion turned out to be true as the earliest available SDD FPP for 3 people was 6:50 pm. I was hoping for no later than 3 pm. That said, I ended up grabbing an AS2 for 2 pm instead and will RD SDD.