Skyliner?

Is Skyliner running or down for repair? Staying at CBR in November for F&W. If down for maintenance then I hope more buses will be running.

I think the only scheduled downtime for SL is in January so you should be good. If it goes down for something like weather in the area they always send more buses.

1 Like

The Skyliner!
The newest transportation system making connections across Walt Disney World
Hop aboard today

There’s no telling who you might bump into!

3 Likes

Bahahaha… they had another crash yesterday

2 Likes

BREAKING: Disney World Skyliner Gondolas Have Reportedly Crashed Again | the disney food blog

I can only think of how hot those cars are in 96 degree heat. Unless they are air conditioned? One thing we didn’t manage to do this trip is ride them but we are ok with that.

they do not have AC, they have vents… there’s usually a breeze :wink:

2 Likes

ISWYDT :laughing:

1 Like

When the gondolas come into the station they seem to accelerate and it freaks me out every time. It’s a design issue that’s causing the crashes and I don’t know why they can’t fix it unless Disney IT is in charge of it :wink:

3 Likes

No they did not?! For realz?! Jaysus WTF guys?

2 Likes

The DFB has a clip of someone stuck on the Skyliner during/after the crash

1 Like

Is it just me who wouldn’t be tweeting how Disney is the best after being trapped in a crashed Skyliner that has crashed numerous times before?

4 Likes

Disney should embrace this as an opportunity.

They should take a page from their marketing division which currently has Stitch “crashing” other movies by appearing with thematic elements from Pinocchio, Little Mermaid, etc.

Imagine Mission SPACE or Soarin’ dodging Skyliner gondolas!
And a meteor in Dinosaur? No. Skyliner all the way.

2 Likes

I wondered that myself… how easily someone can be bought off: cold water, an umbrella, and a pass to EC. really… that’s it?

5 Likes

It’s not even really that I think they should have got more, but I don’t think it’s anything to gush over!

5 Likes

Yeah I found that wicked weird too

2 Likes

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I THINK the “crashes” were not on the arrival side of the station, but on the take-off side. That is, a gondola shoves into one that is about to take-off but hasn’t yet. If the crashes were happening on the arrival side, that would be FAR more disconcerting! But I may be wrong, since I didn’t verify each situation.

We were there when temps were hitting over 100 degrees. But they always felt cool and relaxing. It felt far worse OFF the Skyliner than on it.

3 Likes

I think it has been related to the handicap cars too

Skyliner will only provide a breeze though if it’s moving, correct? Otherwise I would think it would very quickly turn into a sky oven

4 Likes

Oh, yes. I’m sure that’s the case. We were just talking about when they are stopped? I missed that.

I don’t know if it was take off or landing crashes