Skyliner?

so long as it ain’t drops, i think we’re good.

9 Likes

OMG let’s NOT have any dropping’s !!!

4 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

bateman

3 Likes

We just left WDW. We preferred the Skyliner over the buses. We stayed at AoA, and waited 30+min for a bus several times. Yes, some were at peak times, but not all. We watched 5 buses leave AK for Pop 1/2 full and we weren’t allowed to join. We thought the few of us in line for AoA could just walk across the bridge after drop off. That particular time we waited over an hour for a bus.
Skyliner only paused a couple of times while we rode and it was shut down once due to a storm late at night. My group agreed that the 95°+ in the air with a breeze was better than the ground with the concrete bouncing the heat back up.

3 Likes

I’m just curious - what kept you from getting on the Pop bus?

2 Likes

Wait, what? I did this ALL The time. Why weren’t you allowed to get on? As far as I know, resort hopping is still totally allowed.

2 Likes

The driver said since we started in the AoA line we needed to stay there bc a bus “was just a couple of minutes away.”
We weren’t the only family to be told that while waiting, we heard from other families that had the same happen during the week.

2 Likes

That is absolutely absurd. I’m sorry you dealt with that. I would definitely send some feedback to disney about that. There’s zero reason to restrict which bus you get on (unless you’re exceeding the capacity level with your group).

Who is to say you didn’t mistakenly get in the wrong line to begin with and actually were staying at POP?

6 Likes

I think that happened last night at AK. People that had been waiting for GF before we got to the stop all went to the Poly bus as we were getting set in the handicapped waiting area for GF. Then they ALL came back to the GF line. DH and I were confused but too tired to ask. Then it was the “no bus for GF tonight” thing when at least 2 Poly busses came in the same time. Now it makes more sense!

1 Like

We were there a week or so ago and it was high 90’s but the Skyliners were comfy and breezy. Not the hot boxes people fear. It was a very pleasant ride.

4 Likes

The concern is how hot they’ll get when they’re stopped for a long time. No movement = no breeze?

3 Likes

If the wind is blowing (even just a small breeze), and you’re stopped with most of the vents wide open, you should feel that breeze. The only time you wouldn’t feel a breeze when still, is when the wind is calm (which does happen for short amounts of time).

I have read in trip reports that they heat up very quickly if you’re stopped for more than a minute or so.

2 Likes