Skyliner fail — what compensation would you ask for?

This is far outside of the norm and was not handled well.

I am not one to ask for or expect compensation for your average errors in service. But this is not that.

4 Likes

All of this.

2 Likes

I agree.

Different passengers had different experiences.
Different people had different coping skills.

Me just waiting as an adult would be much different than hanging over the water with toddlers or a diabetic child or being evacuated with someone who is freaking out. So many different possibilities.

Disney messed up, but I bet quite a few will just take their offers and keep going because they were only inconvenienced. Others will likely end up with more.

2 Likes

Just rereading thread.
So these people got off the skyline and then bussed back to resorts? and there was nothing to eat? That seems extremely stupid on WDW part.

1 Like

They reported that by the time they got off, met with Disney and made it back to the resort, the food courts were closed. I don’t know if they actually checked, but it was after closing time.

I have never stayed on property. I didn’t realize food places closed completely.

This seems like the easiest thing disney could have managed. Quickly brought food in to the debriefing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:GoOd GriEf​:astonished:. Status post stuck and now no food?!?!?!

I think when you get on transportation at 8:00pm it is reasonable to think you are getting back to the resort in time to get to the food court before 11, never mind midnight. Many times one adult will bring the kids back to the room while the other runs and gets some food. They only places I have stayed at with 24 hour food has been Poly and GF. You can also go to Swan/Dolphin. That wouldn’t help anyone last night.

4 Likes

Truth. When I was very young, 2 or 3, I was stuck in a small, dark room for what seemed like hours. I’m sure it wasn’t, but I was terrified as my mom tried to get me out. It might have been a closet or bathroom. It was long enough to make me really scared of being confined in small places. Heights are another trigger for no apparent reason.

I would need copious amounts of counseling to get over being stuck in a Skyliner for 3 hours.

3 Likes

It’s hard to believe They don’t have better crisis management systems.

I take back my above statement.
I’d like to believe the algorithms include feeding people!!!

2 Likes

Just an FYI. This was posted in chat:

10 Likes

I realize threads and conversations evolve but the question was “what compensation would you ask for” I’m just not as worked up as the rest of the folks here. I lived in a tent in the desert with for 13 months. 3 hours of inconvenience is a drop in the bucket on my outrage meter. Therfore I’d only want comped for something I paid for and missed. Im thankful that there were no physical injuries. That said, I’m certainly empathetic for those that would have been traumatized.

1 Like

I think this is key.

Pardon my ignorance. If they have APs would they hold onto the PH tix for after APs expire?

Interesting question. Since it was late at night, no one missed plans. A couple of good FPP the next day and some gift cards. Now for those staying at a Skyliner resort now on any time it’s closed, I feel should get discounted rates because those resorts now command a premium due to the Skyliner. And they now have to rely on alternative transportation for their trip. I hope they have more buses running now.

Sometimes Disney would prefer to throw something at you rather than to say “I am sorry”. I still, more than three years later, have a silly voucher for a free two night club stay. All I wanted was an apology.

1 Like

I’m not sure this is true. I have often had very late ADRs that being stuck in a Skyliner at 8:30 might impact.

2 Likes

Yes, I often have a 9:30 ADR and I have booked Raglan at 10:30 and 11 in the past.

2 Likes

So…if you are driving to the park and there is a wreck that bring traffic to a standstill for 2 hours and you are trapped in the car with no where to go…should you be compensated as well?

Not saying Disney can’t do something to restore the magic for those who were involved, but there is a risk with anything in life. If the result is your stuck in a a ride or transportation vehicle for a couple hours with no injury, that is just kinda life at times. I would take compensation to help me make up for the lost time, but wouldn’t be making it into a traumatic, life altering event either.

I am glad the majority here tend to be viewing this with a balanced POV.

1 Like

I actually thought it got stuck later than that and 8:30 is sooo late for me!

If an ADR was missed than get them in to any restaurant of their choice with a $200 credit towards that meal.

2 Likes

I’m in charge of my car.

Disney is in charge of the skyliner.

And they handled it terribly.

Apples to oranges doesn’t help anyone have a good conversation about these things.

13 Likes