Simon's 34 day itinerary, your thoughts please!

What will this plan look like? You will arrive at EP at 11 and stay until 9:30 in World Showcase?

Also, I am concerned about Volcano Bay. If it is hot early morning or late afternoon, I think, is the most manageable. @Wahoohokie, have you been there at this time of year?

Hi PT! Yep, got an FEA FPP at 12, and the plan is to wander around checking out all the countries and doing the Agent P game too. Grab food somewhere, hope to get some SDFPs for others and get an early seat for Illuminations.
TP here if you’re interested: Day 3 Epcot World Showcase 11am start

1 Like

I don’t mind it being big, we’ve added it to the list. Probably take the boys, they’d love it. Thanks so much for that. We also found out the villa has a boat… it’s on the Winter Haven chain of lakes, so hope to learn try our hand at some fishing bass too.

They have a sister boat out of New Port Richey I think it is the Miss Vigina. It’s been a long time since I was out with them the boats go out every other day in the off seasons. It was a good thing I checked one time I would have been in Tarpon Springs when I needed to be in New Port Richey. I’ve been out with them 4/5 times and have never caught less than 10 fish usually 15-25.

1 Like

This is so awesome.
I am so happy for you.
Unlike the “you have this much money” game, this is something I can actually ponder…
My family would totally be down for this. My oldest two boys might need some not-so-Disney days, but only because they would start to stress out about not attending to their projects (long story); not because it wouldn’t be fun anymore.

I know you have already consulted the CL, etc. So I think the way I would approach it
•make sure I saw each of the PM entertainment options during the first two weeks so that I could repeat any favorites the last week;
•actually concentrate on enjoying at least one daytime entertainment feature daily (we routinely have no trouble conquering all the RIDES we want, but we inevitably have some problems with fitting in all the entertainment; this should not be something you leave disappointed about with that much time);
•Epcot is my least favorite park. I think that has a lot to do with so few rides, but I also think it is because we are working too hard at getting to and into all the rides and we don’t get to explore the nooks and crannies. I like your attention to sections of Epcot at a time.
•Will you be driving daily to the parks and hopping with your own vehicle? I find hopping to be a time eater. I’m guessing it was to keep from getting bored somewhere, or to use FPP you couldn’t get otherwise. Maybe hopping isn’t an issue when you have so many days…

Did I miss how your family felt about characters?
And what about thrill rides.

SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are some of my favorite parks ever. I am so glad you are making time for them. We spent two full days at each park in 2014 and could have easily enjoyed another day or two at each park. There is a lot of entertainment at both parks and you could go to shows back to back all day long. We missed some. So glad to see you include Aquatica! Their not-so-lazy-river is the most fun I have had in such an attraction.

(I have no UNI suggestions.)

I’m so happy for you. This is so great.

1 Like

You will need to get a fishing license if you go from the shore or from a non charter boat.
Also I must get a report if you go. I’m thinking about going on our June trip if I have the time DW’s family lives not to far from both boats.

We love Gatorland. You can get tix from UCT.
My husband and oldest four did the ziplining in 2016.

1 Like

We did both in the same night in 2016 (years ago now, so take with a grain of salt).
We were sitting near the back and just got ourselves up and out promptly. We were down into the street and well poised to watch it. We had a few minutes to spare. That was even with grandma and a double stroller.

That being said, I would want to watch that fireworks show twice, myself.

I’m also not big on leaving the park. Granted, you have the pressure removed because you are there so long. Just the same, I very much enjoy finding out of the way places IN the parks to rest, snack and people watch a little. The music and atmosphere and SUNSHINE are relaxing enough.

No way in (curse word curse word curse word) and (curse word curse word) for showing the pictures.

OK OK no curse word but I have a bad fear of heights real bad fear.
Funny thing I also have a fear of bridges and I live on an Island.

:persevere:
DD 12 (who was 9 at the time) is standing here and wants me to tell you it was a lot of fun. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @qwerty6 so helpful! It’s all actually come about because my eldest’s son was due to be at college this year, but it got cancelled and he ended up doing a traineeship, but that ended in December, so suddenly we found ourselves with the first time in six years where we didn’t actually have exams to study for (we homeschool but still do all the GCSEs etc). Initially we were planning to drive around Europe which we’ve done before, but then this amazing offer of the villa came up, so USA here we come!
Oh nice Gatorland pics!!!
To answer your questions, we’re kinda done on characters. We’ve done weeks and weeks at DLP and we loved them when the kids were younger, but I suspect the most interesting ones now will be Star Wars interactions at HS.
We are driving, yes (the hire car ate a LOT of our budget!). While we’re avoiding hopping early on (apart from day 2 when we can access EMH, but I also got FOP fastpasses), later on we’re going to play it by ear more. I’ve got early FPPs booked, but we think by 1pm we might head out to Blizzard beach (the villa’s too far away), get off site food, lie down or swim a bit, then get back to either the same or a different park.
Very excited about the Seaworld and Universal parks too, and you know what, after 21 days of booking flipping fastpasses the fact I couldn’t for them was quite the relief! Seaworld and BG both have food festivals too which could be fun.

1 Like

Please tell her that I think she is very brave (like Merida).:crazy_face:

1 Like

Dude - isn’t it like 1AM there???
Disney planning will still be there in the morning.
(My UK BFF and I signed off iMessage hours ago.)

1 Like

(I’ll tell her. With three older siblings she’s much more daring then any of them would have been at the same ages.)

I’m acclimatising for timezones :slight_smile:
Actually, up working, but taking a break to reply to comments. Bed does beckon soon.

My fear of heights is bad my Mom’s is worse and if I showed her those photos and told her it was of my DD she would smack me twice. One for showing and one for letting her granddaughter do the zip line.

1 Like

I wondered more than once exactly what kind of mother I was letting four of my babies (and DH) do something so crazy.

But when it was over there was no way we couldn’t spend the $70 for the DVD.
(Sorry for hijacking the thread @SimonUK; I do recommend Gatorland if you ever get back. The whole place is fun; not just the upsell ziplining).

1 Like

When planning for Disney there is no bedtime just like there is no crying in baseball.

3 Likes

Just blame the Dad. We Dads are used to it we are just big kids anyway. (but I did not say that):shushing_face:

I’d got the FFWCC licence app on my phone ready for fishing from the boat in the lakes, but do you know if we’d need the saltwater license if fishing at the beach or off a pier? Or is it just for proper sea fishing which the charter would cover?