Shoulda done a live trip report

In other news, my iPhone battery did great on this trip! I brought a power bank with me and never had to use it at all! And I was constantly on my phone flipping back and forth through all the apps necessary to navigate through the parks.

4 Likes

Agreed. I only had to use it on my MK day and I possibly didn’t really need to. I just had time when we were at dinner and it was at 20%

Good note - I know people carry a screen shot of a “your order is ready” page in order to get into the AC. I didnt think this was needed anymore so glad to known it is!

I know on my first WDW amd DLR trip as an adult, navigating was the only thing that threw me off because no matter what, you can’t plan for it.

Someday we should start a thread about our key pathways to navigate the parks - I may start one.

2 Likes

Those are both great ideas!

1 Like

Full trip report is going up here!

For anyone who ever needs one in the future!

5 Likes

Genius

2 Likes

I love a good hack and me and the heat don’t get along. Can’t imagine waiting outside with little ones.

4 Likes

I had read on here before we went last month that Connections in Epcot has the tables guarded by a cm and you have to have your food in hand to be let in the area. My ds, dn and I were prepared and knew the drill. What ds didn’t realize is that when he left to go to the restroom he no longer had food in hand and texted us from outside that he would just wait on us. :woman_facepalming: Yes, the cm would have let him back in but he is quiet and doesn’t like to make waves.

2 Likes

This is how it used to be at Cosmic Rays and at Pecos Bill at the very least. Had a couple of not magical situations around that when the kids were small. Yes, let me juggle two trays of food and two toddlers through this sea of people. That’s way better than getting the toddlers situated while my DH grabs the food

4 Likes

Exactly! Some people just don’t understand what it’s like to have kids. Disney should know.

3 Likes

I’ll add, as a mom who’s done two solo parenting trips with toddlers, though, that I sort of appreciate it. At Sleepy Hollow, for example, my kids waited in the 35 minute line with me (this was pre mobile order) and then when I finally had two trays of food, there was no place to sit because family members were holding seats for folks in line (who probably wouldn’t have their food for another half hour). So we legit sat on the ground. At Satuuli, however, once I got our food, there were plenty of options for us to sit….

2 Likes

Oh yeah, there are totally two sides to the situation. There needs to be a balance. I’m a restaurant with plenty of seating, they need to let people in. Or like at Docking Bay 7, they had CMs there to help us carry our food to our table once we got it.

4 Likes