Shoes?

I tried GoWalks on my last trip and they failed me. I used them as daily walkers at home, but at Disney they were a no go for me.

[/quote]
I tried GoWalks on my last trip and they failed me. I used them as daily walkers at home, but at Disney they were a no go for me.
[/quote]

Oh No! :scream: :laughing: Don’t say that? How, when, where did they fail???

I still got blisters on my heels and side of my toes. They were broken in and I was wearing wicking socks too. Not the WrightSocks as suggested here (I got those for this trip), but wicking socks. It was 118* with the heat index, so maybe that had something to do with it.

This is my fear since they don’t have real laces… that my foot will move around in the shoe, causing friction, & eventually blisters - though i haven’t been prone to them in the past.

I like (when I can still find ones that fit properly) Sketchers for “regular” walking around, but I would not wear them at WDW unless it was only a couple hours. 10-15+ mile days - nope! I only wear Asics or On shoes.

I cannot fathom the people who wear flip flops. :grimacing: More power to them, but I could never, ever do that.

And as ever my touring shoes motto: broken in, but not broken down.

The Sketchers Go Walks don’t work for me in or out of the parks–my feet are a tiny bit too long for my usual size, and the next size up is way too big. But I’ve worn other lace-less sneakers (Klogs brand) at the parks and they were fantastic. I’m planning to do the same this year, since my lace-less Dr. Scholl’s are more comfortable than my laced New Balance sneakers. (Both the Klogs and the Dr. Scholl’s are a style that look like Vans, but they’re a lot more comfortable on me.)

1 Like

Question - I am not a runner, but I have difficulty with feet that swell with large amounts of walking, such as Disney (they have swollen a full shoe size). I will be wearing sneakers rather than my walking sandals when I go in December, since my sneakers have a lot of give without being loose. I currently have socks that offer good arch support, but are on the thicker/stiffer side, and I’m concerned about how my socks will start to dig in when my feet start to swell. Do these socks have some give to them?

Yes, the Wrightsocks Coolmesh II Tab Socks are soft and flexible. Yet somehow they stay in place perfectly! I have not tried any other versions of their socks, but i’d guess they are similar.

yes, they are not meant to be a compression type sock. Just for reference, I am usually a 6.5 and I wear mediums. It’s been a couple years since I have bought some (I have pairs going back over 10 years), but I would hope they are the same.

As with @lindsayvrsmith, I’ve only used these particular WS. It’s the double layer that helps guard against the blisters.

It looks like they’ve added other types, even just to the double layer types. I haven’t tried any of those.

I meant to suggest earlier - there are ways to lace your shoes that are better for swelling (and lacing for other issues as well). You should google around and see if lacing differently would help you as well.

I’ve googled them. My shoes look like this:

So I’m not entirely sure how those lacing techniques will work, but I’ll definitely play around with them to see.

ahhh, yeah, I don’t know either. Sorry!

would getting alternative laces help? There are all kinds on amazon. Some are more like regular laces but made of elastic; others are multiple strips of elastic. Maybe one of these types of shoelaces would help?

I love these sneakers! I ordered them for myself but since the tongue was attached and didn’t move as much as a regular sneaker I had to return them for another Minnie pair by NB that had the functionality I needed (I needed to fit braces in them). But these were the ones I really wanted, soooo cute!