Shhh ... Don’t Tell My Sister [LIVE!] [SOLO!] Report

Those clouds look like they’ve been painted with watercolors!

1 Like

We’re all mad here …

23 Likes

I love your mask!

3 Likes

Park opens officially at 9. I was off 7DMT by 8:25. And for the record, they would not let me bring my coffee in line.

16 Likes

18 Likes

I love those ears!!

3 Likes

Since at least 2002 I have been coming here with some type of dining plan. Before they called it a dining plan. Remember the Magic Your Way packages? The point I am making is I haven’t had to eat park food for a really long time, and it’s rough out here. The lack of substantive food. It was a mistake on my part to not plan my ADR’s for lunchtime. I was starving (exaggerates) and just paid $9.49 for a hot dog and chips. Drink not included. WTH? How could a family of say four people afford this? I guess that’s why people call Disney a trip of a lifetime. Not trying to be negative, I’m just in awe.

12 Likes

Yeah, I can’t imaging paying for in-park food for a family either. DH and I will often split as much food as we can. Portions can be large often enough that it’s usually plenty of food. You can’t do that solo though! Bring some ziplocs tomorrow and stuff the other half in your pocket for later?? LOL

2 Likes

Well that’s good news!

Love the Peter Pan quote! And it’s good to know coffee can’t come into the line. Guess they’re taking no chances guests will eat or drink and remove their masks.

1 Like

Wow! Frontierland is so quiet!

1 Like

That’s why I usually end up grabbing QS at a monorail resort when I’m at MK. The options at MK are so lacking.

1 Like

Yes. Our expense triumvirate is tickets, lodging, food. Over the years we’ve gotten the first two workable. For a while we were doing good with food, when we’d get - example - a combo ribs and chicken meal at Flametree BBQ, sides of coleslaw and beans, with an additional side of fries, for approx $20, we could fill up two adults and an elementary kid.

Cosmic Ray’s had a good deal like that but the menu is changed now.

This year we’re looking at appetizers at lounges. Except the $95 caviar at Enchanted Rose at GF. :thinking:

3 Likes

Time for some “Real ole country rhythuuum.” :laughing:
I freaking love Country Bear Jamboree.

14 Likes

Lunch at -

I sat outside the restaurant waiting for my reservation. The hostess turned a lot of people away. I feel bad for folks who don’t know you need an ADR get in a lot of the sit down restaurants. Poor people probably wound up eating a $10 hotdog. :laughing:
Oh, and with an ADR you have to check in through the app and can do so no earlier than 20 minutes beforehand. That was the case at LTT & Oga’s.

Plan as many sit downs as you can ‘cause it feels good to take that mask off and have someone serve you. I was seated in the George Washington room.

The experience was mostly good. I guess they do this for folks dining solo, but I didn’t care for it.

They put all the food on one plate. I’m not one of those “my food can’t touch” people, but there was some stuff on this plate I didn’t like. So, it was a bummer that what I liked tasted like what I didn’t like. Turkey - no. Stuffing - no. Mashed potatoes - no. Green beans were good. Pot roast would have been ok, but it was covered in a sauce that tasted like watered down tomato paste. The pork was the best, so I asked for more of it and fixed the plating issue. :blush:

They didn’t give me enough gravy … :joy:

This stuff, though …

Wow! Outstanding! (Sticky Toffee Pudding)

As I prepared to leave a woman (The Manager?) and I exchanged pleasantries. She asked if I had dined there before and got all giddy when I said no. I thought to myself - What the hell? Turns out she just wanted to tell me there was a hidden Mickey in the room and gave me clues to find it. How did she know how much I love looking for hidden Mickeys? It’s magic, I say. (Hidden Mickey above the fireplace.)

19 Likes

To everyone who complimented my Cheshire Cat ears, here’s the best part. They light up!!’:heart::heart:

30 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Love it!!!

1 Like

A few of the castle projections …

27 Likes

do you know about what time do the castle projections start?