Sharing Universal Photo Pass with another family?

My brother-in-law and his family are visiting Universal (and WDW) about 3 weeks after our family. We have 4-5 days at Universal planned and they have 2 days. We’re sad that our visits couldn’t sync up! We have each other added as friends and family in MDE so we can share our Disney photo pass.

Is there a way to do something similar for Universal? I’m looking at the 30 day MUP package (with unlimited digital downloads for 30 days) which should last long enough but 1) I’m not sure what MUP stands for and 2) I’m not sure if we could share it. From what I’ve read you get two photo cards – assuming the postal service delivers the cards to them in time, would it work for us to mail them to them once we’re done at Universal and then they can use the same cards on their trip?

If another 5-day package goes on sale we might get that instead but right now the 30 day MUP package looks like the best deal to cover our visit and becomes a way better deal if we split the cost.

I think it’s My Universal Photos? And you pick up the cards there, they send you an email when you buy it. I’ve never used it myself but this gives you an overview, though I don’t think it covers your scenario - though it might do and I just skipped it.

1 Like

That makes sense! Ha, that’s actually a fairly obvious acronym. :woman_facepalming:

I read that overview and the touring plans one and neither really answered the sharing question. I read the terms and conditions on the sale site, too, but that didn’t clear it up either. If there isn’t a sale before we go then the 30 day deal (from the Orlando Informer and touring plans overviews it looks like what is now a 30 day option used to be just 14 days) is the best option so we can just try it and see if it saves BIL and his family some money. And I’ll report back here sometime in September. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Universal Photos is planning a sale next week. They announced it on their Facebook page, but we don’t know the details at this point. It may be worth looking into.

As far as sharing, I have used the package many times, but have never shared. If the 30 day package means you can take and download pictures for 30 days, it would seem to me that as long as you could get your MUP cards to your BIL, he could use it and you could share the plan no problem. When you get to the park, you go to one of their locations, either in UOR or IOA, show them the confirmation email and they give you the card(s) and a lanyard. That’s really all there is to it. I don’t think you could, say, leave one card there and have your BIL pick it up a couple weeks later, but you could get the cards to him when you are done with them.

1 Like

Does this hold you up much? We’ll be doing early entry at US on day 1.

Every time I have done it, it was when I arrived in the afternoon, and it was a couple minutes. I have no idea what it would be like at EE. Sorry I can’t be more help!

That’s ok! I will find out fairly soon.

1 Like

Thanks! The details of picking it up are very helpful. And also thank you for the sale information – I’ll wait and see for what the details are next week.

I have this funny mental image of duct taping it to the bottom of a bench, secret agent-style, for them to find. But no, we can mail it to them on our last Universal day.

1 Like

Please let us know how it goes. On my next trip, I may be doing my first day as an EE day and would like to know what to expect.

1 Like

:rofl: I love this image!

1 Like

Of course!

How soon is your trip? I hope the Hagrid situation is clearer (with a lot less downtime) in time for you!

2 Likes

We’re there 7th-9th August.

We get there 9 days after you leave. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for all of us. (Sorry, should have put this in the Hagrid uptime thread.)

I’ll try to remember to report back before you go - we’re at WDW before and after, and I don’t tend to use my phone much on holiday. But we arrive home on 17th, so if you don’t see anything from me, tag me. I’ll at least see the email.

1 Like

:joy: Thanks for the funny mental image

1 Like

Lol, imagine describing where it was placed: “You head towards London, and there will be three blue benches. Three. Make sure you count on the way. It will be taped under the middle seat…” lol

2 Likes

So the sale is on now, 5 days for $59.99 and 1 year for $79.99, both with additional prints: a 5x7 print, 8x7 print, and 16x8 poster print in the park.

I decided for the extra $20 it was worth getting the year deal and sharing it with my brother-in-law and his family. I also have a seasonal annual pass and there’s a chance we’ll upgrade DH and our kids’ 5 day passes to the seasonal annual passes so we might be trading the cards back and forth with DBIL. Not via park bench though, tempting as that is.

1 Like

I have the 2 year MUP package they had in sale a few months ago (I have an 18 month AP, so it made sense at the time). With any of the packages, you will get a lanyard and 2 photopass cards. Extra lanyards are $3 each (or they were in May), but you can request additional photopass cards to be on your account for free. If I were you, I would request 2 additional cards that you can send to your brother-in-law, that way to don’t have to worry about lost cards, and all the photos should be connected to your account. While I didn’t pick my card up during early entry, I did pick it up the first morning I was in the parks. The process took maybe 5 minutes, and most of that was waiting for the family in line ahead of me to decide what they were going to do.

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s excellent advice! We could mail the two additional cards the day we got them, to reduce the risk of mail delays.

1 Like