Sharing Universal Photo Pass with another family?

That would be my plan if I were you. I also keep my photopass card in my lanyard with my ticket and room key (if I have Express pass). If I’m staying off-site, I have my ticket on one side facing out and the photopass card on the other (with ID & credit card in the middle) for easy access as the photopass photographers take a photo of the QR code to link they photos to your account.

2 Likes

Boo!!! :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t see any reports back on how this worked. Anything? @missoverexcited @Steenaca

The sharing? I didn’t share really. We were there with my parents and I got an extra card for them, but we never split up anyway so we only needed one.

I dropped off a small package with our second card and lanyard at my BIL’s hotel the day we left (they were arriving 8 or 9 days later) and it worked great. They got about 80 pictures over their 2 days at Universal. We shared the online log-in/password with them so they installed the app and could download at will. And we still have the other card and lanyard in case we go back before our seasonal Annual Passes expire.

We paid an extra $5 I think for the second lanyard, which wasn’t strictly necessary – if they’d just had our second card it would have been fine. I’m generally a strict rule-follower and felt like having the lanyard would make them more obviously legitimate photo pass wielders. :laughing:

I just scrolled back and remembered that, unlike @Jadesfire21, we were initially just given 1 card by the guy who was redeeming the package for us on our first day. I asked for a second card and lanyand it was just the lanyard we paid for. He didn’t seem to be very aware of where the photo opportunities are – they should really have a map that comes with your package. My in-laws only found the photo studio in the Hollywood area because we told them about it, and I only knew about it/found it because of @darkmite2’s instructions on the forum.

1 Like

Interesting that I was automatically given 2 cards (and I requested and was given a 3rd) with I redeemed my package last year. Maybe it’s because I had my parents with me when I went to redeem the voucher. I don’t know if it makes a difference, but I used the photopass shop at the front of USF. I want to say that I only received 1 card when redeeming the voucher in 2017 for a 5 night package at the desk that’s at the exit to Despicable Me Minion Mayhem.

That was the same photopass shop we used too. It may be team member-dependent, or maybe it was because we were 2 adults and 2 kids. The guy who was helping us seemed kind of new so my money’s on team member.

1 Like

We got ours at the photo point at the end of FJ and were automatically given 2.

2 Likes