Shanghai Disney will open May 11

I gave you a heart to make up for the one @OBNurseNH would have given you if it weren’t for her principles.

1 Like

Anyone know how many tickets were available for each day?

I cannot heart someone that doesn’t heart others back.

I goes against my ethics

6 Likes

I believe I read that the Chinese government was limiting them to 24,000 visitor capacity, but that they were planning to stay well below that at first.

2 Likes

Geez, there are some heartless people on these forums…

Could.not.resist.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Also faceless ones. Right @heidelj?

1 Like

So, let’s say hypothetically, you have an AP and a resort reservation, but you don’t plan on visiting the parks most days until the evening. If the park has met capacity for the day, do you think you would be prevented from entering?

I read an article that said that on regular (before-times) days, it was about 80,000, but they were being limited (as @Jeff_AZ said) to 24000.

2 Likes

Not sure what WDW will do, but Shanghai is requiring advanced reservations from AP Holders. So it sounds like they have to “book” their days in the parks. Not sure if WDW will do the same.

1 Like

Everyone is touching the trashcans! :scream:

Seriously, all the other measures to limit spread and contamination; but they haven’t done anything in regard to the trashcan? Pandemic fail.

5 Likes

Yep. If we are able to go to DL in late July, we will definitely be getting some mask pictures in front of the castle.

3 Likes

Looks like for Shanghai, if you want to enter the park, regardless of the time of day you are planning on entering, you need to reserve your spot in advance, so that the park will not meet capacity till all the guests with reservations enter.

1 Like

I would agree. I think pictures will help us remember a time I hope to never have to live through again!! And here I am in my head trying to think “this would be so fun! I think the parks will feel so empty!” BUT I walked from my car to Target yesterday with my four kids in masks and text my DH and told him I wouldn’t want to go to WDW if they required masks. Because that walk, in 80 degrees, was not enjoyable. I text him and told him to use it against me because I know I’ll try and talk myself into going even with them requiring masks!

5 Likes

One thing that will definitely be interesting is seeing how different Disney Parks will manage re-opening. And in what order they re-open.

That video looks OK. Except that it’s staged, with “actors”. And the spacing between the parties on the ride vehicles isn’t even the WHO recommended 1m, with just one empty seat between them. Let alone 2m that most countries are using.

But that aside, Shanghai will be first. And everyone will be watching to see what they do.

Then which one? At one point I thought Paris, but they cannot open now until at least July 14th. They are totally at the mercy of the French government and Paris authorities. (As opposed to Florida where Disney and Universal have a place on the panels that set the guidelines). Otherwise I’m sure Paris might have opened earlier. So I think it’s between two.

Possibly Hong Kong, if Shanghai goes OK. Their restrictions are far less draconian, so it may well be Disney have the main say. They are likely to be similar to Shanghai, maybe without that health QPR.

WDW could be second or third.

Each park will be different, according to the social norms of the countries and the local guidelines. But some things will be the same: Temperature checks, masks, advance bookings. The big difference will be the in-park procedures.

Tokyo and DL will probably be the last ones to open.

I have a thing about that at the best of times. I hate having to touch them. But that clip really made me cringe.

2 Likes

Same! It’s always this game trying to push it open hard enough with the trash, hope it gets in, and get my hand out of the way. I hate when the trash gets partially stuck.

4 Likes

Simple solution, just take the top off the trash can. Have a CM keeping watch and emptying cans as needed.

Give Disney and the staff in Shanghai 3-4 weeks to figure out the best procedures, then give WDW another 4 weeks to apply the lessons learned to the Florida operations. Hopefully by that time with a low rate of infection and good procedures that WDW can start re-opening by the July 4th weekend.

1 Like

This forum is such a breath of fresh air compared to some others where you’d think Mickey Mouse was kicking down people’s doors and taking their guns based on the 500 page arguments by constitutional experts. Entitled doesn’t come close!

3 Likes

It’s not about her principles, the hearts confuse and frighten @ryan1 so we avoid giving them to him as a courtesy. :grin:

2 Likes

I am not a monster! :smiley:

2 Likes