Shanghai Disney will open May 11

Per Disney Parks Blog on my FB feed.
They will open with “controlled capacity”

Edited to include the announcement:

7 Likes

Everyone even remotely involved with or interested in theme parks will be watching this very closely, as the first park to reopen post COVID.

8 Likes

“We will take a phased approach with limits on attendance, using an advanced reservation and entry system, controlled guest density using social distancing and strict government required health and prevention procedures,” CEO Bob Chapek said on the call. “These include the use of masks, temperature screenings and other contact tracing and early detection systems.”

4 Likes
8 Likes

Thank you so much for the links @lindsayvrsmith and @ISUamanda.

I wasn’t expecting this much information today and I appreciate you posting.

@bebe80, thank you for the quote too.

4 Likes

Tickets for opening day sold out in less than 5 minutes.

4 Likes

Who’s surprised?

Over on the Blog side of Touringplans.com they had a story with the video showing new procedures for social distancing

3 Likes

Man, “another magical day at Disney” is the last line of that video. While I love that the park is reopening in Shanghai, it’s hard to imagine going during these times. Looking forward to seeing how guests handle the guidelines and how they enjoy their time in the park!

1 Like

Video is cute. Guests seem so happy. However they missed showing all the toddlers screaming and having a melt down over their masks and mother’s sweating in a panic trying to hold down a 3 year old and put their mask back on… in fact, I didnt see even 1 child in that video. But yeah, it all looks great in theory. ha

5 Likes

I cannot see that stuff flying at WDW. This will be an unpopular opinion probably but I’ve never seen more entitled people than at WDW. Unless it is strongly enforced they will think the rules don’t apply to them. Specifically thinking about wearing masks at all times, not sitting at tables with signs, standing 6’ apart.

6 Likes

@ljhealey i actually couldn’t agree with you more sadly.

1 Like

LOL yes, I also agree. Of course, not ALL of us feel entitled :slight_smile:
When I saw the part of the video with tables that have signs to say don’t sit there… I thought… why not just remove the tables? I think they’d have to at WDW… no one will read a sign.

3 Likes

And people here have been trying to find ways to avoid the bag check lines. Imagine the lines with all the added checks.

Also, so much for Photopass. Maybe that will fly in China, but I don’t need photos of my family with masks on, especially professional ones, but also candids or selfies.

4 Likes

In all the “what would I not put up with” discussions regarding Disney, not once did I think about photopass. I love PP and it’s very important to me. This might be one of the things to make me say no.

Well, long with mask wearing and how nearly impossible it is to get DH to agree to a Disney trip… :roll_eyes::rofl:

3 Likes

I agree and I also disagree.

I feel this is an important time in our history and photographic documentation needs to be part of how we remember it.

8 Likes

Good point. In fact, I love looking back at our vacation photo book from our Universal trip several years ago…we included a screenshot of the tropical storm radar hovering over Florida while we were there. It reminds me even more about the trip than without it.

4 Likes

(oops almost gave you a heart there. phew. close call)

1 Like

You’re losing it in the pandemic I guess. (Almost.)

must. remain. alert.